Liked: 32

Default Old Runoffs Recordings

Does anyone have recordings of any old runoffs from 2008 and back. I'm looking for any that aren't on the SCCA website. I do have a copy of the 2004 race though.
    Graham Loughead FV #35
    Formula Vee Hall of Fame Founder

Liked: 301

1980 broadcast is on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YYbJ9e9VY

Glenn

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 11

Default Please post 2004 Runoffs

Graham....would love to watch the 2004 Runoffs; would you be kind enough to make your copy available for us to watch?

Thanks in advance!

Liked: 32

Quote Originally Posted by rgr1racing View Post
    Graham....would love to watch the 2004 Runoffs; would you be kind enough to make your copy available for us to watch?

Thanks in advance!
    I will try to make a copy. It's the year my father won so we have it burned on many DVD's
    Graham Loughead FV #35
    Formula Vee Hall of Fame Founder

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamLoughead35 View Post
    Does anyone have recordings of any old runoffs from 2008 and back. I'm looking for any that aren't on the SCCA website. I do have a copy of the 2004 race though.
    I expect there are hundreds, dozens anyway, of us who have VHS tapes around from the Speedvision years. If you have affordable ways to process those, I will take a look.

Update; I have VHS tapes labelled 93 Runoffs and Lanier ProVee, then 97 through 03 Runoffs. I also have some early 80s Bridgehampton FV on-car movie camera footage to the InaGoddadavida long version soundtrack which is absolutely classic! If Graham, or anyone else, wants to digitize these, they are available. I would just like a copy back.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 481

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    I expect there are hundreds, dozens anyway, of us who have VHS tapes around from the Speedvision years. If you have affordable ways to process those, I will take a look.

Update; I have VHS tapes labelled 93 Runoffs and Lanier ProVee, then 97 through 03 Runoffs. I also have some early 80s Bridgehampton FV on-car movie camera footage to the InaGoddadavida long version soundtrack which is absolutely classic! If Graham, or anyone else, wants to digitize these, they are available. I would just like a copy back.
    Greg,

My son has the VHS to Digital converter that I have to dig out so if nothing happens sooner - it might be a good winter project for me. That Bridgehampton tape will be priceless

ChrisZ

Liked: 1

Default I have early 1990 s

I have several of the official tapes from the early 1990 s at RA. Also some of my own videos from the same era.
    I would be happy to share in exchange for digital versions

Liked: 301

Default Vintage Vee Promotional Video

Also stumbled across this on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8f0Ca0-tnM

VERY cool...considering when it was made.
    Alot of the narrative still holds true today.

Glenn

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Lanier is across the road from Road Atlanta. I remember the Pro V race there during the 93 Runoffs. Lanier was open all week as a bunch of people were going over there to "test"
    I almost went over there with my DB4 just to get some seat time in it since I had never driven it before the Runoffs but opted out.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    Lanier is across the road from Road Atlanta. I remember the Pro V race there during the 93 Runoffs. Lanier was open all week as a bunch of people were going over there to "test"
    I almost went over there with my DB4 just to get some seat time in it since I had never driven it before the Runoffs but opted out.
    I won the the ProVee race ..... which is of course, is why I still have the tape, taken with a hand-held camcoder. i have not looked at any of it for atleast 15 years. The Bridgehampton is just classic, Jim Fleishman bolted the camera on to the rear axle which was very progressive in the day. And anyone who knew Jim would expect the soundtrack.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

I won the the ProVee race.
    I'm surprised that I didn't remember that. I guess because that was before you became famous.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Thread Information