Liked: 0

Default Lola chassis I.D plate wanted

Hi Guys,
    Does anybody know where I can get a new chassis I.D plate for ny T440 restoration as the one I have is in poor condition,
    Regards Ian

Liked: 8

Ian - try Glyn Jones [GJones @ lolacars.com]

He helped me with some history and such for the T-440 a few years ago.
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default lola chassis plate

I did try Glyn and this was his reply !! and as you can imagine I am looking for another source
    Sit down guys you won't believe this

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The procedure for such an application is as follows;[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]You will need to submit a complete history of the car with supporting documents together with a non-refundable payment of £2000 to initiate the process.Once the investigation is complete, if Lola Cars are satisfied the car is genuine a chassis plate and letter of authentication may be purchased.The charge for the chassis plate and letter will be between £5,000 and £15,000 (all plus VAT) depending upon the value of the car. As a guide, a car with a value up to £100,000 will be £5,000, between £100,000 and £250,000 the charge will be £10,000 and above £250,000 the charge will be £15,000. Lola offset the non-refundable £2,000 + VAT payable at the outset against these further charges.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]If you wish to proceed on the basis described, please forward copies of the documents to be seen and your cheque for £2000 to me at;[/SIZE][/FONT]

Default ID Plate

Hi Ian,

There is a person in the UK who will make reproduction plates. Several of us on this website have had plates made to replace the ones that invariably, after 30 years around a race track become tatty looking. Also makes a nice finishing touch for a restoration.

email is sennencovewavewatcher@yahoo.co.uk The owner's name is Trudy. It all requires several emails back and forth with a photo of what you want reproduced, and specifics for size and such, but the end result is very nice.

This information is several years old...but I was on ebay in England several months ago looking for spares for my March and she was back to using ebay. Try a search under the user name sennencove.

If this does not work let me know, I will try to find the exact contact information when I am back home over the weekend.

And finally, you could do what I did several years ago, when I was in Ireland, I stopped at the Crossle factory and picked up a new plate...would probably cost less than the fees the factory is asking to do it all long distance.

All kidding aside, I do understand the factory's concern. They are proud of the cars, and the history they have built up over the years, and they do not want people belittling that heritage by building up a car from parts and calling it factory built.

Cheers,
    Scott

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default ID plate

Ian, That IS unbelievable! I'd say your old one in poor condition is quite valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by ian Staples View Post
    I did try Glyn and this was his reply !! and as you can imagine I am looking for another source
    Sit down guys you won't believe this

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The procedure for such an application is as follows;[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]You will need to submit a complete history of the car with supporting documents together with a non-refundable payment of £2000 to initiate the process.Once the investigation is complete, if Lola Cars are satisfied the car is genuine a chassis plate and letter of authentication may be purchased.The charge for the chassis plate and letter will be between £5,000 and £15,000 (all plus VAT) depending upon the value of the car. As a guide, a car with a value up to £100,000 will be £5,000, between £100,000 and £250,000 the charge will be £10,000 and above £250,000 the charge will be £15,000. Lola offset the non-refundable £2,000 + VAT payable at the outset against these further charges.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]If you wish to proceed on the basis described, please forward copies of the documents to be seen and your cheque for £2000 to me at;[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 104

To bad you can't call it a 342, I'll sell you my old chassis plate for $10.00 (+ $15,000 postage and handling)
    Plate HU 211 is still looking to reunite with it's chassis if someone knows where it is!

Liked: 324

I used a guy in the UK who listed repro Royale chassis plates a couple years ago. He did a fantastic job, nearly perfect, cheap and quick. It looks like he does mostly british road car plates, but will make anything you want.

eBay seller: badgeman2k5
    comapny name: North East Graphics

In my case I didn't want a true replacement, as I don't have the exact chassis number (plate was lost by the PO during restoration) and Alan Cornack said something similar about certification...... I offered to have him stamp the plate "RP16-xx" to make sure I wouldn't offer false history on the car. The end result won't pass concourse scrutiny, but it does look good and works for me.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 1

Default The man from Lola

Is right, keep your old tatty tag, thats its history, there are a number of model of cars out there that exceed that which was made, and there have been many a bun fight over which is the real car, and with the value put on some cars, you could get a visit from Tony from New Jersey, race cars are for racing, not for polishing the ID tags.
    Roger

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Good news!

Yeah, the good news is that you don't pay VAT on export items, so you can save 17% on an already-outrageous amount.

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 5

Default Holy Cow

Wow... That will keep me from trying to get a replacement plate for my 440.
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Default chassis plate

Hi .
    The way I see it by lola trying to protect itself and the integrity of the cars in this way is probably going to have the oppisite effect as someone will just get some made and lola won't have any control over these.
    What I would have thought fair and reasonable was for me (or anybody else)to send them the old tag and they stamp a "REPLACEMENT"new one and for a reasonable cost ,say 20-30-quid they send it back I was not asking for a "NEW" tag so I really can't see the problem.
    I do wonder if anybod has ever paid this amount of money for a tag and for what car ??
    Ian

Default Chassis Plate

Ian
    as you know there has been a long tradation of making a car from a plate here in NZ and several people have been burned as a resault but there will someone in Auckland who would be able to make a new one check out some of the engravers.

Roger

Default Replica Lola Chassis Tags Avalible

I found somebody who would make close replicas of the lola chassis plate and due to a minimum run of 6, I now have 5 surplus for sale at $25USD plus postage. These are not exact as some of the font is slightly different which only shows up when you put it side by side with an original one.

Regards,
    Ian

Default Lola T342 Chassis Plate

[quote=John Green;238456]To bad you can't call it a 342, I'll sell you my old chassis plate for $10.00 (+ $15,000 postage and handling)
    Plate HU 211 is still looking to reunite with it's chassis if someone knows where it is![Hi John. I am looking for a chassis plate for my 1975 T342 previously having lived in the States from new until 2 years ago. I would like to believe this plate belongs to this car. Hope you can help me Mike Creswell.

Default This could be interesting

Soooo, I wounder who has this chassis HA, there are a couple of cars in Auckland with the same chassis plate, and I believe big money was paid for one of them, the other, the man has owned it for 20 years, who brought it off the man who brought it new from the factory? you wouldn't see that one coming!!!

Roger

[quote=Dale Creswell;318266]
    Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    To bad you can't call it a 342, I'll sell you my old chassis plate for $10.00 (+ $15,000 postage and handling)
    Plate HU 211 is still looking to reunite with it's chassis if someone knows where it is![Hi John. I am looking for a chassis plate for my 1975 T342 previously having lived in the States from new until 2 years ago. I would like to believe this plate belongs to this car. Hope you can help me Mike Creswell.
    I would be glad to reunite the plate to the correct car....can you give me any details to help identify it? Radiator set up? Top frame rail configuration? Color of dash? Roll bar down tubes? Photos?
    Thanks,
    John

Default Lola T342 Chassis Plate

Hi John, I have owned my Lola for 6 months and bought it from a guy in Nelson NZ. He brought it back from the States 2 years ago.He bought it thru race-cars .com in Saint Louis. SCCA MidAm Champion 2004 and 2005,professionally updated rollcage and hoop SVRA Legal. SCCA Logbooks back to 1989 racing in the midwestern US in the FF/CFF Championship, multiple Winner. Car was last racing with Blue Bottom and White top No. 26, previously was red at one stage. Last US owner James Krispin, a Lawyer for 8 years, previous Doug Mclure red and white No. 26. I hope this is some help. Cheers Dale.

Hi Dale,
    Sorry, that doesn't sound like my old car. I would like to hold on to the plate until it can be reunited with the right car.
    Mine was unique as it had been converted to a single side radiator on the Port side. Top chassis rails were fully boxed. The owner before me was Roger Schroer from Columbus (drove the 300+ MPH hydrogen car from Ohio State) and I sold it to a guy in the Indianapolis area.

Liked: 141

Default HU215

Plate HU 211 is still looking to reunite with it's chassis if someone knows where it is!
    What is it with these Lola T342 plates - I've had plate HU215 for about 25 years and likewise would be happy to reunite it with its chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by dereklola View Post
    What is it with these Lola T342 plates - I've had plate HU215 for about 25 years and likewise would be happy to reunite it with its chassis.
    Hi Derek, Dale here as above, still looking for my Lola's plate for Historical reasons here in NZ. Do you think there is any chance of a successful match and do you know any ownership details. Cheers Dale.

Hi Dale,
    Sorry, that doesn't sound like my old car. I would like to hold on to the plate until it can be reunited with the right car.
    Mine was unique as it had been converted to a single side radiator on the Port side. Top chassis rails were fully boxed. The owner before me was Roger Schroer from Columbus (drove the 300+ MPH hydrogen car from Ohio State) and I sold it to a guy in the Indianapolis area.
    Thanks John, Good Luck Dale.

Thread Information