Liked: 32

Default Stack Dash ST867 Weirdness

I have a Stack ST867 dash for an ST8100 Display System and wondered if anyone has ideas on what to check for some electrical problems I'm having. I think I have a short or bad connection(s).

Problem 1: When I press Button #4 the dash goes black and stays off. It will not come back on for a while.

Problem 2: With the engine just started I get inaccurate warnings like low battery even when it is fully charged or a low oil pressure warning, only to turn the unit off, then back on and get oil at 70 psi. Also got a water temp warning at idle when the car was just started up. Turn the unit off and back on sometimes the warnings go away.

I don't know may be getting the new AiM dash sooner than expected...

Liked: 11

I also have a Stack dash (ST8100) that started acting strangely. I suspected the Stack's internal battery (special battery, soldered to the circuit board, return-to-factory for repair), so I soldered a small 3V lithium battery across the internal battery via a couple of wires about 4" long and then tie-wrapped the new battery to some wiring behind the dash. That was about 18 months ago and I haven't had a problem since. YMMV.

Liked: 0

FYI, We had similar problems and the internal battery was the problem. The lower the battery voltage gets the more issues you will have...screen blackouts, screen freezes etc. You may have other issues but if the battery hasn't been replaced in the last 3 to 5 years, that would be the first place to start. Ellen at Veracity Racing Data may be able to help.

Ellen Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    ellen@veracitydata.com
    Office: 805.238.1699
    www.veracitydata.com

Cheers,

Weldon

Thread Information