Liked: 177

Default Anybody have an FE, FB or FC for rfactor 2?

I did a search on this forum as well as rfactor's forum. No mention of any amateur open wheel winged class. Would love to get my hands on an FE model but I'm sure that's a pipe dream. I'm very surprised an FC isn't available though. Anybody have one of these class cars?
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 447

Just needed to look down a dozen or so posts... A couple WIPs for rF2. I can't wait!

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69883

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32270

I've also noticed that Erik Skirmants has a 3D model of an FE on the Enterprises signature/newsletter. I'm wondering who the source of it is and how detailed it is. I'm betting that could have some physics applied to it in order make it driveable in rF2 or at least rF1.

There are also some other open wheel mods for rF1 if you want to take a step back from the more realistic rF2. There is an FV mod that was floating around here and there was also a modern Formula Ford mod that was converted from another game as well. There was also a Lola FF mod that was released.

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=F-VEE

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detai...%20Vee%201%2E0

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detai...ta%20Atlantics

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rF1600

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=28410
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Thanks Keith for the heads up! I did come up with a couple of those as well but they didn't meet my needs. I did not see the FA nor the F2000's though so those will be neat to try. Never even heard of rfactorcentral so that is a cool resource. I'm a noob to rfactor...

However, most of those aren't winged and all but the Atlantic and F2000 aren't relatively modern. Both are much faster than FE/FC and even FB.

Anybody have an idea of how to dial the hp down on the f2000 or FA in an attempt to get it near FE speeds?

Yep, I know you were looking for winged cars, but options are kind of limited.. There's the native Skip Barber school car that is winged in rF2, but thats about all I know of for club type cars. Just need to wait it out for the FC mods to be done, I guess.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 530

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post

Anybody have an idea of how to dial the hp down on the f2000 or FA in an attempt to get it near FE speeds?

Didn't FE compete in the USF2000 series for awhile? I think the speeds are pretty similar between F2000 and FE.

Yep. From what Rettich told me, the FE was at a slight disadvantage in that series. I would imagine aero plays a huge part in that.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

It's not hard to alter the engine and aero/mechanical profiles of any car, you just need to know the values to change.
    In rF1, I modified the SRF mod to match up with DSR/P1 performance levels.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

How, Ty? I wanted to update the mod to replicate the GEN3 SRF with a little more grip and hp.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 442

More front end grip for the love of timmy PLEASE!

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

It's all open source... you just need to know which files to play with. My computer is about 100 miles away at the moment, and I don't know which files off by heart unfortunately...
    If I had known earlier, I would have made something up for the league to use. Do you know what the approximate torque curve is for the Gen3 car?
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

I don't, but I'm sure I can get that info from SCCA Ent.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    More front end grip for the love of timmy PLEASE!
    Then you would be getting away from the magical handling beast known as the SRF!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Keith, looks like the USF2000 is dead and the RF01 has been in the works for years with no update. Really surprised nobody has put together a open wheel car near the FC/FE performance window.

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 33

The FE in USF2000 was a separate class to the primary USF2000 class. FE vs USF2000; FE has some less mechanical grip and a ton less aero grip. Straight line speed was close.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
    Keith, looks like the USF2000 is dead and the RF01 has been in the works for years with no update. Really surprised nobody has put together a open wheel car near the FC/FE performance window.

Did you get confirmation that they're no longer working on it, or did you just not get a reply when inquiring about it?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Peters response is there has been no progress since he has been unable to find somebody to build the physics for it. Perhaps it isn't dead, but it vital signs aren't looking good. Wish I had any expertise to help but best I could do is get it to move like a cozy coupe! lol

Thread Information