Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 447

Default USF2000 2015 for rFactor2 - Released!

2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

2. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

There have been a lot of behind the scenes activity going on with this. The makers of rFactor and rFactor2 have merged with Studio397 in order to expedite their development efforts. A fruit of this merger has been the collaboration with the initiative in this original post to take it to the level in which it is desired. Studio397/ISI took the development of the USF2000 mod under its wing and ran with it. The outcome will be available for us to experience on Wednesday!!!! They've also hinted at the current development of making a Radical mod as well. Can't wait!

https://www.studio-397.com/2016/11/r...november-2016/

2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Senior Member SilverCarbir_FC26's Avatar
    Liked: 31

This car alone makes me want to try or buy rFactor 2. I wonder if they will have VR support anytime soon.
    Because racecar...

Liked: 91

I'm thinking that F2000 car would be a good car to base an rFactor 2 racing season on. (hint, hint!)

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 3

I race all the time on iracing and just curious why you prefer rfactor.

I use iRacing and Assetto Corsa
    Because racecar...

Liked: 442

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dick View Post
    I race all the time on iracing and just curious why you prefer rfactor.
    Some people don't like having to pay again and again and again and again................

Remember the good old days before micro transactions and subscribtion based garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Some people don't like having to pay again and again and again and again................

Remember the good old days before micro transactions and subscribtion based garbage.

Agreed... I also feel that the rFactor2 physics are superior as well. ...Although I haven't tried iRacing in a few years, but I'm not a fan at all of the business model and the fact that you only get tracks they make. I also own Assetto Corsa as well and like that very much too!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Agreed... I also feel that the rFactor2 physics are superior as well. ...Although I haven't tried iRacing in a few years, but I'm not a fan at all of the business model and the fact that you only get tracks they make. I also own Assetto Corsa as well and like that very much too!
    Assetto Corsa is awesome, lots of mod content available which makes the sim alot more fun and you only have to pay once!
    Because racecar...

FWIW, I have Assetto Corsa as well. I REALLY like the Formula Abarth. That's where I am in the career mode my 2nd time through. (Turned up the driver difficulty level, and started over).

Here is some first look at this car

https://youtu.be/nnF1valQik4
    Because racecar...

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Loaded up RF2 on the actual good computer and dragged the wheel and such upstairs. Still same old problem zero feel while driving then you it a curb and the motors in that poor G27 jsut try to explode.

Anybody know a way to turn down the retard rumble of curbs and a brake lock up but still preserve some road feel while driving?

Liked: 121

They even have a version with an LD200 and 3.11 final drive. Very cool.

The G27 is anot ok entry level wheel. If you want to feel all the right things look at the Accuforce from SimXperiance. It's very customizable and a product you won't regret having.

I'd download rFactor 2 but I'm out of space on my hard drive at the moment.
    Because racecar...

I don't do enough sim driving to justify another wheel and i can get some decent feel into the wheel by dialing it up but the spread between road feel and offroad/curbs needs to be dialed back to a reasonable amount or the wheel is going to break.

Its best to dial the FFB back on less expensive wheels to avoid clipping. Yeah it doesn't feel as heavy as real life but you feel the tires more accurately when you stay within what the motors are capable of.

20. The following members LIKED this post:

For anyone who may be interested, there is a league (non-ApexSpeed hosted) starting on Dec 2nd using the F2000 and several domestic tracks which we would be most likely using anyway.

More info here: http://simracing-gp.net/series-31

PLease let me know if you register!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Well, considering that I have the game, and it didn't come from Steam, I appear to be hosed.

If anyone HAS it, and is willing to go zip it up, and provide a link to it. That would be much appreciated. (Maybe a dropbox link?)

I was a lifetime license owner as well. I'm currently in process for getting mine switched over to Steam since they are no longer updating the non-Steam version.

https://commerce.rfactor.net/steam-transfer-form
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

So tried it out and i hope that isn't how a real Van Diemen handles!!

I looked at that series and it requires you to use the clutch which is broken on my set so not sure how that would work.

If I can get this sim up and running and turn a few laps I will join for sure! Does rFactor have in game chat or is there a teamspeak server that is used?
    Because racecar...

Liked: 25

It was pretty easy to transfer to steam. You just need your email and password for ISI. Took a long time to install. Then I had to dig around to find how to get my non-ISI mods to show.
    Dave

I did a little practice at Road America last night. The track in rFactor just feels really weird when I compare it to other Sims like Assetto Corsa or iRacing. The apex in turn 6 and 12 feels off and I think turn 12 is the worst. The track also feels very flat and doesn't convey the elevation changes very well. The USF2000 car feels ok, it's pretty easy to push hard and maintain corner speed but I think it slides around just a tad to much. Anyway here is a quick video from a practice session.

https://youtu.be/ecOGhyw1r30
    Because racecar...

I second the comments on RA and the USF car moving around way to much. Your car did look to turn in a lot better than I could get mine to.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I second the comments on RA and the USF car moving around way to much. Your car did look to turn in a lot better than I could get mine to.
    I set front camber to -4, front tire pressure as low as it could go, rear tire pressure to 18.9, front sway bar at 3, rear sway bar to 1, I lowered the front of the car is lowered 1 click, the rear is lowered w clicks and the brake bias is set somewhere in the 58% range

I managed to break into the 2:10's with those changes and I bet I could go faster.
    Because racecar...

Liked: 5

Hey Roger;

Your wheel will work and your comment about the curbs can be addressed - I'll email you a couple of wheel setup files and you should try again.

See you soon!
    Miles

Liked: 1417

This mod makes me want to build a PC. Don't tell anyone I said that, I'll only deny it.

I put a bunch of laps in last night and I'm loving the mod. I saw a couple of posts about the car being too slippery and it's not the car. You need to remember that rFactor2 has dynamic tracks (RealRoad) which need to rubber in the longer the cars drive on them. Over time you'll see a groove develop on the track on an initially green track. Initially all cars will be slippery unless you save the RealRoad setting after the groove has developed.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCarbir_FC26 View Post
    I did a little practice at Road America last night.
    Which version are you using?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Which version are you using?
    Whatever version was available in the steam workshop
    Because racecar...

For anyone who wants to try it out without having to go through the hassle of registering, and/or installing steam:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wagws5w7sw...003.rfcmp?dl=0

For anyone who may be interested, there is a league (non-ApexSpeed hosted) starting on Dec 2nd using the F2000 and several domestic tracks which we would be most likely using anyway.

More info here: http://simracing-gp.net/series-31

Please let me know if you register!
    Just a reminder that if anyone is interested in running this league, this will most likely be the only league we run this Winter. There are a max of 22 entries and there are currently 19 registered.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCarbir_FC26 View Post
    Whatever version was available in the steam workshop
    See if this one is any better...

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...16-v1-0.53483/
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

I registered
    Because racecar...

Liked: 824

So .. what the heck is "steam"? Is that, maybe, the ONLY place that a team can race online? I installed the demo version of rF2 and ran a few laps in the rf3 car, but I'll need to spend some serious time getting everything set up correctly for my G27.. time which I don't have at the moment .

I figure I'll buy the lifetime version, but am still a bit confused about whether I should just buy the "regular" version or start with the 'steam' version. There's been mention of 'much more harddrive space required'. I do have "quite a bit", but not really interested in using it up on useless stuff that I really don't need/want.

My goal for using it is just light practice for tracks that I've never run, or at least not in 'a while'. It might be interesting to participate in a league a bit, but it's not something that I put a high priority on.

I'd also prefer that there be some sort of open wheel wingless car available since I race a Vee. I figure it might be YEARS before that becomes available in rF2 .. if ever. I have used the Vee in rF1 several times to freshen my remembrance of distant tracks as well as some that I likely will NEVER actually race on.

Thanks for any input/recommendations.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    So .. what the heck is "steam"? Is that, maybe, the ONLY place that a team can race online? I installed the demo version of rF2 and ran a few laps in the rf3 car, but I'll need to spend some serious time getting everything set up correctly for my G27.. time which I don't have at the moment .

I figure I'll buy the lifetime version, but am still a bit confused about whether I should just buy the "regular" version or start with the 'steam' version. There's been mention of 'much more harddrive space required'. I do have "quite a bit", but not really interested in using it up on useless stuff that I really don't need/want.

My goal for using it is just light practice for tracks that I've never run, or at least not in 'a while'. It might be interesting to participate in a league a bit, but it's not something that I put a high priority on.

I'd also prefer that there be some sort of open wheel wingless car available since I race a Vee. I figure it might be YEARS before that becomes available in rF2 .. if ever. I have used the Vee in rF1 several times to freshen my remembrance of distant tracks as well as some that I likely will NEVER actually race on.

Thanks for any input/recommendations.
    Steam is this videogame store and download manager thing. When you buy a game on steam you can download it to any PC with steam installed and play it and it will always be kept up to date. It has other features of course but that is the general idea. You don't need it to race online.

If you want to race Formula Vee, GSCE (Game Stock Car Extreme) has them as official content. It has a silly sounding name but really it is just rFactor 1 again but upgraded and modified by Brazilians, the signature vehicle being their Brazilian stock cars. GSCE is also available in the steam store.
    Last edited by Spengo; 11.27.16 at 12:37 PM.

Guess I am out of the series as i just realized its in the middle of the afternoon!

If we have enough cars, maybe I could see what it would take to stand up a server. So far there are 23 cars in this other series and still growing!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

43. The following 2 users liked this post:

If we have enough cars, maybe I could see what it would take to stand up a server. So far there are 23 cars in this other series and still growing!
    I would be interested in this! And, with it not being the SRF, I might be able to actually DO something this year, instead of being a member of team "Start and park".

This version looks much much better!
    Because racecar...

46. The following members LIKED this post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information