Liked: 6

Default National Test 'n Tune registration is open!

Friends,

NTnT registration is open at http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=3611

There is a glitch in it and you will have to choose a class for each and every time slot in addition to the one(s) you want to register for. This is a pain in the butt but it still works. Make sure to print the receipt with your selected time slot(s) on it just in case.
    Sho Torii
    1985 Citation FF1600

Liked: 10

Quote Originally Posted by RudeDude View Post
    Friends,

NTnT registration is open at http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=3611

There is a glitch in it and you will have to choose a class for each and every time slot in addition to the one(s) you want to register for. This is a pain in the butt but it still works. Make sure to print the receipt with your selected time slot(s) on it just in case.
    FYI at 9:20 AM it shows "closed". Since I'm signed up for the EVO TnT from 12 - 2 on Monday I should be fine if I also get into the Pro Finale.

Dick

I went back there and Dick was right (was he ever wrong?), it said "Registration Closed". There was also a note that said "Registration Opens: Monday Jul 16, 2012 8:00A". I guess it will reopen on Monday. Maybe they are fixing the glitch?

Since I received a receipt in the email, I should be just fine.

By the way, $45 for 4 runs in an hour slot is pretty steep for a test & tune!
    Sho Torii
    1985 Citation FF1600

By the way, $45 for 4 runs in an hour slot is pretty steep for a test & tune!
    But: $10 goes to the SCCA Foundation to support Tire Rack Street Survival Schools and you won't have to work. The EVO TnT at Nationals is $55 and I will have to work. HOWEVER there will be instructors and the number of runs "may" be higher.

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick R. View Post
    But: $10 goes to the SCCA Foundation to support Tire Rack Street Survival Schools and you won't have to work. The EVO TnT at Nationals is $55 and I will have to work. HOWEVER there will be instructors and the number of runs "may" be higher.

Dick
    True. Overlooked the charity part.

I took the Evo TnT once (2010?) and the number of runs "was" a lot higher. But how are you going to have an instructor ride with you?
    Sho Torii
    1985 Citation FF1600

I took the Evo TnT once (2010?) and the number of runs "was" a lot higher. But how are you going to have an instructor ride with you?
    Good question: I'll be doing the EVO TnT at Peru also and the general idea is that they watch me since the TnT courses are small and if Junior or some other relatively small driver is available let him/her drive the car while I watch. Maybe the same thing at Nationals since the TnT course there is small also. I'm basically looking for seat time without my normal "gotta do well" conservative driving. I need more confidence/practice in car control when the car gets loose in transitions, etc.

Dick

Liked: 65

I've asked about mod cars at evo schools, even have some local instructors who teach them,ie Robert Carpenter. The usual thing told is take it in a car that has a seat for a passenger. My issue with that is no car other than maybe a lotus Elise has the same feel as a CM. I did a school earlier this year in the GS Celica where I was promptly told my line choice is about perfect and the things I need to work on were things I knew I needed to work on. I then used the rest of the weekend as a way to get loads of seat time.

Dick, I don't know your body build but I would say talk to Junior about what instructor has a body shape closest to you that could fit in your car. Junior is skinny so good chance he can fit with padding if need be. I had some folks get stuck half way getting in my car. Luckily we didn't need the jaws of life to extract em.

Quote Originally Posted by TedV View Post
    I've asked about mod cars at evo schools, even have some local instructors who teach them,ie Robert Carpenter. The usual thing told is take it in a car that has a seat for a passenger. My issue with that is no car other than maybe a lotus Elise has the same feel as a CM. I did a school earlier this year in the GS Celica where I was promptly told my line choice is about perfect and the things I need to work on were things I knew I needed to work on. I then used the rest of the weekend as a way to get loads of seat time.

Dick, I don't know your body build but I would say talk to Junior about what instructor has a body shape closest to you that could fit in your car. Junior is skinny so good chance he can fit with padding if need be. I had some folks get stuck half way getting in my car. Luckily we didn't need the jaws of life to extract em.
    Ted,

Agreed that a Mod car at an actual school is pretty much a "no go" for most, if not all, of our cars. The EVO TnT is just a TnT with the possible input and maybe driving of of my car by an instructor. I know Junior (been to two of his Shootouts this year) and suspect he would fit. Sam Strano on the other hand would not . . . ). Also I've seen Junior jump into other cars prior to the Shootouts and seen how well he drives essentially any car. This is typical of the other instructors I've seen but many are too big for my car. In fact due to my 5' 7" height many other CM drivers are too big for the way my pedals and seat are configured.

Dick

Thread Information