Thread: New FB

Liked: 8

Default New FB

Did anyone at PRI get a good look at Ralph Firma's new FB?
    Thoughts?

Tim Webb

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Webb View Post
    Thoughts?

Tim Webb

Not an expert by any means but I stopped by it a few times.

Noone at the booth was very forthcoming with any information or very receptive to people they didn't know. They just sat in the corner and were less than enthused when I asked any questions about it.

It's a much cleaner looking car than the Stohr. Less swoopy which I think looks better personally. It looks like they spent a lot of effort on cooling airflow as it has a design I haven't seen on other cars. There's a snorkel that exits almost vertically upwards on both side of the car for better airflow.

I didn't look to compare but the suspension seemed to be a bit beefier than the Stohrs that I've seen although I easily could be totally wrong.

There was also a quicksilver prepped motor with a drysump in the booth as well.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Webb View Post
    Thoughts?

Tim Webb
    The car is drop-dead gorgeous, well designed (typical of earlier Van Diemens) and inexpensive! Pics and specs are on Ralph's website: www.rfrcars.com

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsport Services View Post
    The car is .......inexpensive!
    I'm curious what they are asking for a roller? How much for a turn-key car?

Thanks

Tom

Liked: 233

If my memory serves me, I think $35,500usd as a roller was mentioned in an earlier thread, but I may be off.
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

Liked: 8

Default Cost?

When I spoke with Ralph on Saturday he said the roller price was $42k with Bilstiens and AIM dash.

He would not remove any of the body pannels so I did not get a look at the motor or suspension.

tim

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 31

Tim,sorry does'nt sound like you got what you needed,we talked to a lot of people. We were in the corner at times but it was just resting in between. If there is something I can help you with that you didnt get.please contact me.
    We had a fantastic show,the response to the chassis was better than we could have imagined,sorry I missed you.

The price of a rolling chassis is 44,000. This is complete with a set of OZ wheels,Aim Formula wheel and Bilstien Dampers on 36mm springs.
    Also the bodywork is available in 16 colors of the very durable RFR GElcoat.

The freight will be collect at the airport of choice. The chassis will be shipped as a
    complete roller corners on, body fitted plumbing done etc.

Quicksilver Engines will have both Suzuki and Honda engines available and I suggest to call them for more info.301 698 9009

Liked: 273

Default just got back from PRI

I also was at the PRI Show and found Ralph Firman to be a very nice guy. Since I am a car builder also, when I introduced myself he knew right away who I was (he'd seen our threads on this forum). He shared some useful information with me regarding Barge Boards which we are currently testing.

I couldn't get them to remove any bodywork which I pretty much expected. The car looks swoopy but will it have the top speed needed to hang with the Piper? Only time will tell.

Regards
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    He shared some useful information with me regarding Barge Boards which we are currently testing.
    Barge boards are just wizzy bits euros put on cars to make them look cool.

Default keep up with who?

Gary, after a little more delevopment in your car, I suspect the rest of us may have more than the Piper to keep up with!

I just read the car had a successful test at Sebring with Jordan Taylor driving. This car looks sweet, Anyone have any other info from the test that wasn't in the press release?
    ProMotion Driver Development
    Young Racer PR, Marketing and Driver Representation
    http://twitter.com/ProMotionDD
    http://www.facebook.com/ProMotionDD

Liked: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Cole_Bosanoz View Post
    I just read the car had a successful test at Sebring with Jordan Taylor driving. This car looks sweet, Anyone have any other info from the test that wasn't in the press release?
    I guess if this is a press release written by RFR it's going to be pretty positive...what else would you expect. I talked with Ralph Firman at the PRI Show and he indicated to me that Jordan would give it a good flogging.

I'm guessing we'll see some results after the first National in Florida in a few weeks.

Hope that other FB's in the South East will show up for this race...it's just way too far for us West Coast guys to tow....otherwise we'd given them a run.

Hope Coop tows down there.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 553

I'm not sure if fast guys in fast classes have run Sebring's short course, so it's hard to judge how well a 62.9s lap is. I assume it's fast, though.

I'm guessing Glen Cooper is planning a national assault, including the FL races, but I really don't know. It's going to be fun to see how the 2009 FB season shapes up.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default I dunno know about a Full Assault...

But definitely Sebring!
    Having just taken the last two weeks of the year off, it was/is basically impossible to do the triple in FL...
    GC

Thread Information