FF23
    Liked: 0

Default June Sprints FM/FF Start?

Hello,
    I have contacted the Chicago region Comp Board in charge of the Sprints. They prefer not to have any split starts due to the possibility of prolonging the days races. I don't understand that one. We can get a Split Start if 85% of the group agrees to it. We have to bring it up to the officials on Thursday (Test Day) and/or in the Drivers meeting. I hope everyone wants one and we get it done. Do you?
    I have been unsuccessful at attaching the letter here, so if you would like to read their reply, you can e-mail me and I will forward it to you.
    Thanks,
    Gerald.
    gerald@louisheadsets.com

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Or just look here for the email:

HERE
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 2

Default Split Start

We are all for a split start, if you need a signature please find us I will be their on Thursday. I am looking forward to a great weekend and I would hate to have the groups start together and have any issues on either side.

Jeremy Treadway
    Treadway Motorsports inc.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Default another email posted

Please see the above link to see the second email Gerald recieved.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 146

The three Lake Effect drivers will find that petition on Thurs. by hook or by crook. Why is this like pulling teeth? Who came up with the ridiculous 85%? "In the hands of the drivers"? Whatever, I stopped looking for answers from this outfit a while ago....

Dale V.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

FF23

Should all the FF & FM drivers meet on Thursday at noon or after the last practice session to make it easier to organize this thing? If so, where do we meet?
    Thanks,
    Gerald.

Liked: 3

I was just curious if we have a solution to try to get a split start since the sprints are just around the corner. Is all the FF/FM drivers going to meet up somewhere?

Thanks
    Andrew

Liked: 42

clipped from Bev's (Chief Steward) email letter...............

"These two groups have raced together all over the divisions together for the last several years........."

Not true, We (FF) are never grouped with FM in Cen-Div, except at the Sprints.

How about somebody with an extra crew, see all the drivers on the grid, with split-start petition, pen and clipboard in hand?

First practice 10am Friday would be a good time, to get everybody that hadn't signed on Thursday.
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 39

Default Sprints Start

For some reason the officials at the Sprints seem to try to make it as difficult as possible to have a split start. Year after year drivers have requested a split start and a large gap between the Formula Mazdas and Formula Fords. A large spacing between the two groups has always been denied. The official "reasoning" has been that the faster Formula Mazda cars would be lapping the slower Fords all that much sooner.
    The concern for all was the start. Having the two groups starting with a large gap would be much safer as it would help separate the two groups.
    If you are successful in getting a split start for the Sprints - and I hope you are - then you also want a large gap between the two groups of cars, otherwise the faster Fords will be right up on the slower Formula Mazda cars trying to get around them before they get spread out.
    If they do it right this year it will be the first time. It is definitely a safety issue. Should the pole FF try to make a larger gap between the groups by slowing slightly, well, that's another Sprints story.
    Mark Davison

Be prepared - If you get the 85% sign up there will still be considerable reluctance on the part of the Stewards to give the group a split start. For some unknown reason they consider a split start to be a huge burden on them. Don't take "NO" for an answer! Good Luck
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked: 72

Mark
    actually 2 years ago, and before, there were split starts. Last year, in the initial supps it talked of a split start, and then when the actual entry/supps showed up, it was gone. We all assumed it would be a split as it had been in the past. We brought this up at the drivers meeting and were met with a big "no, it has always been done this way"...well sorry Bev, that is not correct, we had split starts before, including last year. After some stumbling bumbling on her part, she basically said that is the way it is and go back to your seat child.
    In trying to talk with her about this one on one, you know, have a discussion like adults should be able to do, there was no give or discussion on her part. I found her to be the most arrogant condescending self important steward I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. In talking with Bob Lybarger, who is a very fine steward, he agreed there should have been a split start...so guess what, in 2008, no split start. Go figure. If there is an incident on the first lap it all for naught anyway as there will be a full course yellow. Fun Fun

FF23

Marc,
    We are never grouped with FM in Midiv either. We are grouped with FV and F500 here.
    Gerald.

Thread Information