Liked: 98

Default S2000 operational costs

Over on the General Formula Car Discussion topic, I've been conducting a survey of operational costs for each class. Here I'm only interested in costs that differ significantly between the classes, and not, for example, entrance fees, hotel, food, etc.

Drivers from some classes have responded with data for their class, and the result is a spreadsheet in Google docs.

Here's what I have for this class. If you have changes, please reply below, and I will update the spreadsheet.

Class name: S2
    Engine make: Ford
    Engine model: Pinto
    Displacement: 2000
    Power at crank, HP: 145
    Torque at crank, ft-lbs: 135
    Weight with driver, lbs: 1,335
    Purchase new, $: 60,000
    Tires set, $: 950
    Tire competitive heat cycles: 8
    Engine rebuild, $: 4,000
    Engine competitive hours: 27
    Fuel $/gallon: 4.50
    Fuel gallons/hour: 10
    Brake pads set, $: 200
    Brake pads hours: 10
    Other operational costs, $:

Thanks,

Greg Holmberg

Liked: 98

OK, it appears that all the discussions in all the communities have died out, so you can find the results in the spreadsheet.

Thread Information