Liked: 0

I reveiwed some old FFU threads regarding the switchover to electronic ignition. The Crane XR3000 got good reviews.

Who has experience doing a full conversion with teh XR3000? The website claims a 6500 rpm limit. Would that be for a V8 engine possibly?

Can anyone suggest a different setup that they know works well? Total cost? I'm buyin', so if your sellin', let me know! Thanks for any and all help!!
    Patrick Washburn<br />Swift DB-1 #26 CM Solo2<br />C Tech Aluminum Trailer Cabinets<br />Designed for the Racer!<br /><a href="http://www.racecabinet.com" target="_blank">www.racecabinet.com</a><br />715-355-8842

I have since talked with Crane's Tech line. He says the 6500 RPM limit applies only to the XR700 unit...the XR3000 has no such limit. (He insisted it does not say this on their site, but it clearly does.)

Anyway, just clearing up that part of the question.

To add another: What rev limited works well with this system?

Thanks again!
    Patrick Washburn<br />Swift DB-1 #26 CM Solo2<br />C Tech Aluminum Trailer Cabinets<br />Designed for the Racer!<br /><a href="http://www.racecabinet.com" target="_blank">www.racecabinet.com</a><br />715-355-8842

I have used the XR3000 on my FC for the last two years, with very little problems. The only weak point in this system is the way the slotted disk for the trigger attaches to the distributer shaft. Once in a great while it will move and the engine will be out of time. I solved the problem by modifying the attachment method and had no problems after that.

Also, I have a brand new XR3000 & PS91 coil that I was keeping around for spares. Having since sold the car, I don't really need them anymore. If interested, make offer at FC59@msn.com
    Chuck Lessick

ZATgraphics.com
    2006 Top Private Team Cooper Tire Series

Liked: 3

Using this on many cars, I simply install the same Bosch rev limit rotor in it. 6800rpm. Works too, we here one driver hit it all the time!

We simply call it an audible shift light....!!

Thread Information