Had beautiful weather all weekend. The padock was the ussual zoo what with all the Runoffs people. I found a nice mole hill to call home sweet home.

The officials did not split the FF/CFF from CFC and Chuck Moran was there with his very fast Crossle 71F. I don't understand the concept of splitting FC from CFC.

Anyhow, I went out on old tires and promptly spun going over the hill at turn 6 on the pace lap on coolant dumped by the previous group and then proceeded to thrash around trying in vain to make old tires go fast. Brian Duncan turned in a great qualifying putting his Tiga on the Club Ford pole, 10th overall with Wes Allen second and myself third, 13th and 14th overall respectively. I put on sticker tires for the race.

At the start of Saturday's race Brian's engine bogged a bit, Wes hung back a bit and I barged my way into the CFF lead in turn 1. Who says you can't try to win it all in the first corner? But that move gave me a great draft off Jim Nash for a couple laps then I pointed Scott Hanba past and drafted him for a lap or two. Same stunt I pulled last year.

Anybody else notice how some of those fancy FF just won't hold the air open for you like the old cars? They should have to pull barge boards. Hey Max, hey Bernie, new idea?

So I'm thinking I'm sitting pretty and then Brian hunts me down and catches me on the last lap! Brian turning fastest lap by almost a second must have something to do with it. So I have to play a little defence going through Thundervalley and into the Karousel to win by .219 second with Brian on my gearbox and Wes a bit back in third.

Sunday qualifying saw Brian playing the drafting game with the FF's putting his car on pole again with Harmison second and Wes Allen third. The fun part is those were spots 11, 13 and 15 overall so it was a single file start for the CFF's just with some other cars in the way.

Brian got a good start and the three of us started to duke it out. The lap chart shows Brian leading laps 1 to 4 but there were muiltiple passes between Brian, Wes and myself. I lead laps 5 to 8, Brian lap 9 and me lap 10 and 11.

At the end of lap 12 Brian and I caught Kent Wingate (Kent's fourth race I think) in the kink going into the Karousel. I went inside, Brian went outside and we came out on the front straight three wide with Kent being lapped in the middle and the one to go sign from start-finish. Brian beat me to turn one but I slingshotted around to grab the lead at the Keyhole. Down the back straight and around all the corners being very careful not to do anything silly for a win by .154 seconds. Harmison, Duncan and Wes Allen a bit back.

It's nice to win, but it was great to race SO close with Brian for 13 laps, each giving just enough room to be sporting but running so close. We passed each other inside, outside and gave the corner crews one heck of a show.

If I did the points right, Brian has the CFF EWC championship and I think I'm second. Brian is trully a worthy champion and a gentleman to race with.

Now, somebody post what happened in FF.