Kettle Moraine August 13-14 Road America EWC rounds 5-6 Entry forms & Supps
    http://www.scca-chicago.com/roadraci...ages/entry.pdf
    http://www.scca-chicago.com/roadraci...ages/supps.pdf

Mid Ohio Autumn Classic Sept 10-11 EWC Rounds 7-8 Entry forms
    http://www.ovr-scca.org/download/for...lassicXXIV.pdf

-Dave

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

If the OVR race is a Formula ford Festival event, would it not make more sense to have the FF and CFF's in their own group rather than mix the CFC's in with them.

Not that I am at all entheused about running with the Mazdas and the Sports Racers, but if FF is a highlight it ought to be highlighted accordingly.

Liked: 0

Default RA Over/Under

I talked with Jimmy the Greek earlier this morning and the opening line on the Road America over/under is 34 cars. I'm taking the "over" bet.

Steve Beeeler, de facto EWC commissioner
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)346-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Thanks for the link Dave. Hope you're correct on the entry Steve. I am disappointed that we are a late race group, our annual tech has been waived and we dont have our own grouping. What's with this region ??? How about considering St Louis as a leg next year. Our race committee will make SURE the EWC gets the recognition and perks it deserves!

Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

Not only does this suck the big hairy wet one, but remember last year? We were called to a driver's meeting prior to racing and spent over a half an hour being browbeaten about what would happen if we didn't play nice. Never mind that nothing had actually happened. We were just there to be threatened. What an upbeat way to start a weekend. I recall that I was thoroughly pi**ed when I left the meeting. But I kept my mouth shut. Pretty much.
    As nice a track as this is, I can't help but feel that we'd be better off not going with Chicago region as a host. I love that line: "This action is not protestable". Get over yourselves. It's unfortunate that the outcome of our races will probably be determined by FV/F500 traffic. I have absolutely nothing against them, I just wish they had their own group. How long did it take at Mid-Ohio qualifying last year? About three laps before the crashes started?

Liked: 190

Default Mixed Race Group

Yep, this blows. As much as I like to throw mud around, I don't really think this is the regions problem. The past couple of years when the Kettle had separate FV and FF race groups, the EWC FF/CFF boys brought out plenty of cars and did their part to suuport the program. The trouble came in when 3 FV's and a F500 are in their own group. We tried like crazy to get FV guys out and help support the EWC concept, but with very little luck. Just like Steve always says, "when entries are up, we all win". In this case, the FV guys (or lack there of) are the main cause of this combined group situation.

I guess the "half full" way to look at it is that most likely, the number of FV's and F500's will be minimal. As for FST's, it looks like we will have 7 and should be running in the 2:39 to 2:37 range, so hopefully we will never see each other in the races.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

Actually, I'm a lot happier than if it had been FM's.........

Liked: 3

Default EWC Hot Topic

Gentlemen:

This is definitely a hot topic, and I don't want this to be construed that I am defending Chicago Region because I have my own issues with the powers that be.

However, it is my understanding that the waiving of annual tech is not a regional issue - it is set by Cen-Div (either at the Roundtable or shortly thereafter). The waived tech notice was published on the Cen-Div website on February 8, 2005, which means we knew more than five months ago that the FF/CFF annual tech would be waived at this event.

As for running with the FVs - they are like the FMs -- the FF/CFF group does not like to be grouped with either of those choices. The entry does read that there will be a split start, so hopefully you'll never run into each other (no pun intended). I'm sure Chicago Region looked at the historical data of the entries and in an effort to maximize session times for everyone, grouped FV/FST and FF/CFF together.

On a different note, LMI will be bringing a mixed bag of cars to this event.

Cindy
    Last edited by cff96; 07.20.05 at 12:16 AM. Reason: inserted date waived tech was posted

Liked: 6

Default This will be good......

Wait till Hop finds out I'll be running.......in a Vee....
    Ron

Thread Information