Thread: Dennis Eade

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 272

Default Dennis Eade

Got a phone call yesterday that Dennis Eade of Comprep (Zenda WI) passed away after a lengthy illness. For those who were around FA and S2 in the 80's Dennis was a larger than life character. - another one bites the dust.
    RIP Denny

Phil

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 611

Default Dennis Eade

As he was another SCCA Cen-Div guy, I'd seen him at various tracks for years before I'd share the track with his FA guys. Super nice personable and gave me guidance in a number of ways. I hate that he is gone.
    RIP Dennis
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1124

Terrible news.

I did some hand lettering for Dennis a few times, at the June Sprints and Runoffs. He was a great guy and really good to me, but more importantly, made it possible for a lot of drivers to be competitive.

Many people in my circle absolutely adored the guy, so my thoughts are more with them, and of course Hayden, friends, and family.

Race in Peace, Mr. Comprep.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

6. The following 8 users liked this post:

Liked: 129

The man from Zenda who ran Comprep came into our lives back around 2010 because he was recommended to us to rebuild the shocks on AAR Eagle #8101, formally driven by Chip Mead, who Dennis once ran in Formula Atlantics.

There was no charge.

If it was for Chip's old car, there would be no bill, he insisted. We made sure to drop off some Chip Mead White Castle Racing shirts and a model of the car the next time we visited, and they meant the world to him. Granted, he said we shouldn't have, but after I said the same thing about the shocks, he came around with a tear in his eye.

When we ran the Eagle DGF in SCCA Nationals, he maintained our Fox Shox, and always was thankful we were irking as much as we could out of the vintage car among modern machinery.

He did a lot to keep many people on the track, and was an absolutely delightful character.

He will be greatly missed.
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

8. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 931

Another truly nice gentleman gone too soon.

Condolences to his family and friends

Liked: 68

Very sorry to hear this. RIP, Dennis.
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Thread Information