Liked: 27

Default Pre-Mix Fuel Storage?

There’s about 10 gallons of 100 octane that’s pre-mixed with Castrol 927 in my PFM. I won’t be driving ot again until the next track day in November. Should I pump it out of the car and into cans and store it until November? Pump it out and put it in my daily commuter?

The cars fuel cell was new 3 years ago if that matters.

Liked: 852

If it's 100 AVGAS you should be fine.. if it's PUMP GAS, IMHO you should pump it out and save in cans till you need it. If you pump it out, be sure to crank it afterwards and run all the fuel out of the system. If you leave it in.. you should probably crank it and run for a few minutes at no more than 1 month intervals.

IMHO,
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 8

You should drive it more at the track is what you should do! November is 6 months away. I'd have serious withdrawal symptoms by then.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 27

Quote Originally Posted by CSasfai View Post
    You should drive it more at the track is what you should do! November is 6 months away. I'd have serious withdrawal symptoms by then.
    I wish I could, life seems to get in the way.

I’ve been going to Willow Springs with Open Track Racing and having a blast. A couple days ago there was another PFM there, several Radicals, and several GT3’s. I got a ride in a Radical while I was there. I may be selling my PFM and getting into a two seater Radical. Damn that thing was fast and cornered well.

Unfortunately its too hot at WS in the summer so the next track day is in September.

Liked: 66

Default August at Sonoma

Come join us for the PFM reunion race at Sonoma, August 30th-Sept 2nd. it's going to be a great time.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information