Liked: 0

I am looking for a '88 Swift DB4. I believe it was the 11th car built and had chassis number 031-87. I drove this car in '88 and would like to locate it. I believe it was sold to J. Reed and then later to Ron Chiravella. If anyone has any info on this car and/or people, please contact me.

Thank you,
    John Thompson
    215-783-6603

Liked: 101

hi john,
    didn't you win the runoffs with that car...prepped by stuart moore? long time , no see.
    regards,
    bill gillespie

Yes, that is the car. I would like to find it, hopefully it is still around. Any ideas?

John
    john@1800thompson.com

Liked: 1

John I don't think your wallet is still in that car after all these years. Sorry had to say it.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Still Looking for this car....

anybody?

Liked: 562

Default Just thoughts

I doubt this will help much, and you've probably already done these things, but no harm in tossing out ideas, right?

So, you think J. Reed may have bought it in or around 1989? What part of the country? When did it go to Ron Chiravella and where is he located? Where did those guys race the car (what tracks)? What happened when you tried to contact Ron to ask him where the car might have gone?

Here is a Ron with a DB-4:
    http://www.race-cars.com/wantbd/messages/6284.htm

If those were dead ends I would look at race results, especially at certain tracks if you have a hunch where the car was during certain years. Try to contact DB-4 drivers from those races. Even if they drove a different car they might provide a new lead for you.

I wonder if SCCA could provide some help, either through homologation papers or logbooks (I know that's doubtful).

Good luck. Keep us posted and maybe the new info will spark something.
    Last edited by RussMcB; 01.17.05 at 5:42 PM. Reason: typo.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Ron Chiravella (or is it Ciaravella?) lives in the Sarasota, FL area and runs an aviation business if I'm not mistaken. I think it's called Dolphin Aviation, 941-355-2902.

Rob Poma
    Last edited by sarrcford; 01.18.05 at 6:31 AM.

Default That's helpfull...

I wasn't sure how to get a hold of those people, I believe the car went to the Florida area. I will try that number, thanks for your help! Any other ideas, let me know...

John

Default Looking for Swift DB4

I raced against Ron and the car back in 94 at the Winter Nationals in Sebring & Morroso FLA. The car was being prepd by Tim Albright of Vintage Race Cars in Stuart, FL. (407) 220-0044.

Denny

Thread Information