Liked: 72

Default PFC Brake Caliper/Pads

In a weak moment I put the PFC ZR55 Calipers on my FF. Overkill in hindsight. I think these are more common in the FC paddock.
    where are you buying pads these days? Pegasus seems to be out without much information if they are getting more in or not, and I don't really want to bother Primus. Looking for compound 11. Any other sources out there...?

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 160

I am a PFC dealer and I ordered 20 sets last June. That was the minimum dealer order. I still haven't seen them.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Primus may be your only source- Call Jon
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 180

I ran these on my last car and I can say that anything other than an 01 pad compound was overkill on a FC. So a FF using them would really be bad. Of course that’s just my opinion.

Brian

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Who is supplying the RTI teams?
    They have done numerous tests and a race in the last 6 weeks.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

I'm looking for the same pads also. Can't find them anywhere. PFC is no help.

YMMV

Jim Edmonds

Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Edmonds View Post
    I'm looking for the same pads also. Can't find them anywhere. PFC is no help.

YMMV

Jim Edmonds
    You can try below. He made custom pads for me that work well with those calipers on a FC, and has a few compounds you can try. Also about the same price.Turn around time was within a week, and so far so good:

Michael P. Puskar Sr.
    President

Carbotech Brakes, LLC
    6111 Carey Drive Suite 6
    Cleveland, OH 44125
    216-642-8502 Phone
    216-642-8504 Fax
    216-406-8140 Cellphone
    mike@ctbrakes.com

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 3322

Default Carbotech

I get my pads from Carbotech. I didn't see PFC ZR55 caliper pads on their site, but they made custom pads for me early on, and IIRC, they had mentioned that they had a mold for them. I personally like the XP20 compound for the following reasons:

o They have a high CF
    o The initial bite is great, allowing high-G braking from initial application
    o The CF is constant throughout the braking event, throughout a session/race and from new to almost worn out - PFC's CF was never constant and didn't work until hot
    o The CT release characteristics are super (relates to modulation, below) - brake torque is exactly proportional to pedal force. That was my biggest complaint about all the PFC pads I ever tried - their release characteristics sucked, meaning they still were braking hard as I released the pedal force, causing the rear to step out at the end of the braking zone while turning in and brakes to easily lock up
    o Modulation is easy with the CT's because of the release characteristics - I can make the tires be just on the edge of lockup (tires slowing down but not stopping)
    o CT's are rotor-friendly

The XP20's might be a bit aggressive for a FF, but, IMO, they're perfect for my F2000. They have pad compounds in varying degrees of aggressiveness from XP8 on up to XP24, IIRC.
    Last edited by DaveW; 03.30.22 at 4:08 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 605

Hawk pads ??

May be a good time to cut and run. New calipers and much cheaper brake pads suggest a reasonable return on investment over time. These brakes and pads work just fine, but at $300.00+ per axle are they really that good...not sure about that. Thanks for the above info, when I posted this I didn't realize there was an issue with PFC...but there seems to be.

Liked: 6

Pagid RSH42 is the way to go,
    my bad I was thinking LD20 pads
    Last edited by kgbrr; 03.30.22 at 10:20 PM.

I have a pretty decent used set...PM me if interested...can get some pics in the next few days

ej

I will add that I did order 2 sets from Brad last year...1 set was drop shipped from PFC, and the other set was cancelled cause they were out.

ej

thanks for the offer for the used ones. I have one new set and enough pad life with all of my take-offs to last awhile and am working on just replacing the whole system with something else.
    Thanks again!

Thread Information