Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #2 - 4/7/2020 USF2000 2017 @ Road Atlanta

Race Event 3 was a lot of fun and we had the top 6 cars qualify within a second of each other!! We hope to repeat that level of competition with the next event at Road Atlanta! Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select single or multi-player.

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Just be sure to subscribe to these cars in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get what you need.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Road Atlanta 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1227712083

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/default
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 861

Keith,
    I've turned a few laps on the server for Atlanta, but don't show up on any of the results sheets. What do I have to do on my end?
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Keith,
    I've turned a few laps on the server for Atlanta, but don't show up on any of the results sheets. What do I have to do on my end?
    Steve
    HI Steve,
    I see you on the dashboard from yesterday. It's not instant, the session needs to complete before it will be loaded into the dashboard. I've got the sessions set for over 2 hours (practice and qualifying) each.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 138

Is the race at 8 central? Thought it was at 7 last time but that was when practice starts.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Is the race at 8 central? Thought it was at 7 last time but that was when practice starts.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Yes, official practice starts at 7pm CDT. Qualifying will start at 8pm CDT at the latest. If it doesn't look like we're getting any more people by 7:45pm, we'll probably get started.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Default car settings?

Is there something to be gained from customizing the car setup instead of using the default? Remember, I drive a VEE . There are all kinds of settings for the car that make no sense to me.. especially that BF-13/ RC-42 stuff on the advanced tab... there seems to be about 15 settings there that I have NO CLUE about. There must be some discussion of these somewhere on the web .. or do you guys just inherently KNOW about them and what they do?

Any one of you 'fast guys, care to share your setups?
    Steve

Oops . that's on the CHASSIS tab instead of advanced...
    Steve, FV80

Liked: 442

Steve the basic setup on the Tatuus isn't half bad I ran stock setup last race and managed to finish 3rd.

Starting early doesn't help us left coast peeps. (aka Eric and I)

Thanks, Roger. I was afraid of that . I've played around with a few things, but seems EVERYTHING I tried made it worse. I obviously just don't have the knack for Sim racing. If I can't FEEL it, I just can't handle it . However, I do seem to be a bit better than the last time I tried it a couple years ago.

At least this time I DO have the equipment (headset) to use Discord .. if it works for me. So far, I've only run across Eric on the server and he never heard me and I never heard him. MAYBE he just wasn't using his audio stuff. Last week, I was totally LOST as to what was going on and when. I presume it was 'handled' via discord .. which I didn't have working at the time. Hopefully it will be working for tonight - maybe I can at least HEAR if not talk.
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

As of last week Eric didn't have discord so not sure if he picked up a headset yet.

I feel you on the lack of feeling the old G27 with its giant dead spot and no brake pedal feel makes it a challenge to get anything right. I have a headset now so i can hear the brakes lock up more clearly now.

Liked: 138

I played with the setup a bit, but I'm no setup guru that's for sure. I tend to just get faster the more I drive....

So my changes that seem to make me faster usually don't do anything haha. Except when I changed the rear toe out by accident and the front toe in. THAT I noticed as I flew off the track second corner.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Starting early doesn't help us left coast peeps. (aka Eric and I)

If you've RSVP'd in the Facebook group and haven't shown yet, we'll wait until 8PM CDT.

To anyone who isn't on the Facebook group, please note the following:

Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select single or multi-player.

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Just be sure to subscribe to these cars in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get what you need.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Road Atlanta 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1227712083
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Not sure I will make it. Looks like the interwebs have given up with the current load on the system.

Liked: 4

Thunderstorm approaching may affect internet connection....live out in the country Might be one less backmarker. I will race until signal loss.

Is there something to be gained from customizing the car setup instead of using the default? Remember, I drive a VEE . There are all kinds of settings for the car that make no sense to me.. especially that BF-13/ RC-42 stuff on the advanced tab... there seems to be about 15 settings there that I have NO CLUE about. There must be some discussion of these somewhere on the web .. or do you guys just inherently KNOW about them and what they do?

Any one of you 'fast guys, care to share your setups?
    Steve

Oops . that's on the CHASSIS tab instead of advanced...
    The rear suspension mount is foreign to everyone that has raced with us. It's your best guess as to what the setting is, but I've noticed there are 8 mount points to choose from. At the high range, it appears to make the car more stable, but induces a push. On the low side of the range, it loosens the car up, but makes it more twitchy. Test and experiment with the settings is all I can tell you. As for sharing setup information, that's what we do during the week when we meet online. I have a Facebook group set up for the sim league "ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing League" that should be a little more active for when people are looking to jump on the server and run some laps.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Keith,
    I've looked on FB for an Apexspeed group with no luck. Can you provide an exact URL?
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

Keith,
    I've looked on FB for an Apexspeed group with no luck. Can you provide an exact URL?
    Steve

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...up-on-Facebook
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information