Liked: 1

Default Four GDRE-Built GSXR Engines for Sale--202+ HP and 92+ ft lb

ALL ENGINES ARE SOLD-THANKS APEX SPEED

For sale are four GSXR 1000 engines. These all have 05/06 blocks and heads, with 07/08 electronics (can easily be converted back to 05/06 electronics). I have numbered these engines 1-4 (inscribed on the breather cover) and their current status and prices are described below. Three of these engines (Nos. 1, 3, and 4) were originally part of Lee Alexander's racing program, and include titanium long rods, custom built/lightened cranks, Hayabusa spec camshafts, CNC ported heads, and other parts you won't find elsewhere. According to George Dean, just the rotating/reciprocating parts investment in each of these engines is $12-15K+ per engine. Engines Nos. 1, 3 and 4 also each include an installed BRD dry sump oil pan system with scavenger pump. Each pan costs $1800 new from BRD.

They run strong and show well on the dyno. The attached dyno sheet is for engine nos. 3 and 4 (3 is the red trace and 4 is the black trace). But that doesn't tell the full story because they spin up faster due to the lightened parts, which doesn't show up on the dyno traces.

Current status of each engine and pricing (not including shipping) are as follows:

Engine No. 1--at GDRE. Has 1.5 hours on it. When I bought engines no. 1, 3 and 4 they came with lightened/thin pistons, which we found didn't hold up. Engine No. 1 has a cracked piston as a result, but no other damage. George has his spec/design JE-built pistons in stock for this engine, which are now also in engines 3 and 4. When those are installed, No. 1 will be identical to 3 and 4 and will provide similar dyno numbers (piston replacement will run about $2500 but should be confirmed with George Dean). SOLD

Engine No. 2--at GDRE. Has 15 hours on it. This is one of GDRE's "standard built engines" with Carrillo rods and George's porting work--not a long rod engine. Runs well, and is at GDRE for a freshen (rings and bearings). Makes 193-194 HP when fresh. SOLD

Engine No. 3--in my garage in Vacaville, CA. This engine has 0 hours on it since last built by GDRE. It was my backup Runoffs engine built in September/October 2018. Again, it is the red trace on the attached dyno sheet. SOLD

Engine No. 4--in my garage. This engine has 2.0 hours on it. It was installed after the first Runoffs test day and used for qualifying and the race. It is the black trace on the attached dyno sheet. Runs strong as hell. SOLD

If you're interested in multiple engines, I will make a package deal at a discount. I also have ECU's with GDRE's latest tune, throttle bodies, Stohr engine mounting brackets for the 05/06 setup, wiring harness and other pieces to throw in as part of a package deal.

Call Jeff at 650-678-8776, or e-mail me at jlederman@josephandcohen.com with any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JDRacing; 04.21.19 at 7:03 PM. Reason: Update for Sold Engines

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information