Liked: 101

Default Drivers/owners/shops

The latest SCCA tech bulletin has some startling changes that have a big effect on the class, effective Nov1st, 2018..

the new F3 car is now legal with the only turbo engine ever allowed in the class....we normally aspirated guys need to be thinking about hot days, or high altitude tracks.....or both for you Colorado/ Utah guys....

The Swift 014/Mazda gets a 75 lb weight reduction, and no restrictor....this combo had the fastest lap at the recent FRP Summit Point event, and was already the fastest car in a straight line....by a good margin.....why did it get a 75 lb weight reduction ?

I think these new changes, which will be effective at the ARRC, may have profound impact on the value of current cars...look for the man behind the curtain...

And yes , I know how to write letters to the SCCA......reminds me of some of the goings on in the FB community concerning Runoffs participation/qualification last minute changes, and potential lawsuits.

Corliss, Grants, etc.....you guys out there ?

I can vote with my pitiful pocketbook...

Bill Gillespie
    Last edited by bill gillespie; 10.11.18 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Mazda correction

Liked: 804

Last edited by Lotus7; 10.12.18 at 6:03 AM.

Liked: 101

Ian,
    Was your post typed with disappearing ink ? Lol ? ?? Maybe discretion is not in my skill set.....
    cheers,
    Bill

Liked: 17

Hi Bill, learned of this yesterday, ironically when standing next to your car in Sonoma. I have reached out to SCCA and am waiting to hear back. However, I still am on the path to get the 200+ real FA chassis back on track. To do that we need motors and to do that we need all owners that are interested to become part of the FA Registry so that the drivers can be part of the solution. It may seem a bit overwhelming but numbers don't lie......the Swift 14 conversion with the Mazda motor is too expensive and has had limited if any real success, and it requires aftermarket engineering for the rest of the car. As I was reminded by the engineers at Swift, the 14 was developed with an unlimited budget. Hard to imagine it can be improved upon without the same access to capital.
    F3 is another story altogether. There are approximately 8 F3 cars that have been sold. Honda is highly motivated to make this work and the SCCA needs more FA cars. This too shall pass. I was at Road Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and watched the F3 race and they are competitive but not faster than the 14 or the 16 on that track.
    Again, all of us that own Ralt and Swift cars need to work together to create our own marketplace.....if we do that successfully we will not have to be concerned with "other developments". So please advocate joining on the Registry on my post on this site. Once we reach more critical mass I will create a separate mailing for all that well chronicle all developments.
    Final point, once we get settled on the TRD 1600 and the Cosworth 2300 motors, we can also focus on further development and I have no doubt there will not be an answer that is more cost effective or competitive.
    Thanks for spending time on this.
    Bob

PS Imagine sending a letter to the SCCA or any other interested parties with the FA Registry attached!

Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    The latest SCCA tech bulletin has some startling changes that have a big effect on the class, effective Nov1st, 2018..

the new F3 car is now legal with the only turbo engine ever allowed in the class....we normally aspirated guys need to be thinking about hot days, or high altitude tracks.....or both for you Colorado/ Utah guys....

The Swift 014/Mazda gets a 75 lb weight reduction, and no restrictor....this combo had the fastest lap at the recent FRP Summit Point event, and was already the fastest car in a straight line....by a good margin.....why did it get a 75 lb weight reduction ?

I think these new changes, which will be effective at the ARRC, may have profound impact on the value of current cars...look for the man behind the curtain...

And yes , I know how to write letters to the SCCA......reminds me of some of the goings on in the FB community concerning Runoffs participation/qualification last minute changes, and potential lawsuits.

Corliss, Grants, etc.....you guys out there ?

I can vote with my pitiful pocketbook...

Bill Gillespie

Liked: 17

Ian, call me when you have a minute. We are getting to a stage where I need some help. Thanks. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post

Thread Information