Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Jon:
    There are a ton of us all out on that same limb! None of us can even concieve of the thought process that make guys want to turn FF's into Spec Racers!

I must be getting old - I don't understand the current crowd at all!
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

In Corky's defense, I've seen the man drive, and I've got $50 on Corky winning if you guys are serious.

andy

ps- Keep going, kids, maybe you'll get this post shut down for personal attacks. Then we can finally stop with 'everybody's opinion' on this topic.

[size="1"][ November 21, 2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: A J Graff ][/size]

Liked: 447

Okay, I will match your $50 and put another $100 on Jon Horgas. Corky can even pick Jons tires, if they hold air...he will use them.

If you want to, I will even rent the track.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

AJ,

You may have seen Corky, but based on your bet, I know you ain't seen Horgas.

Nobody is making personal attacks (well except Del), most people just don't want to see ANY orgainization chase away FF or CFF cars. MC has been having some "lean" years as of recent, there is just no reason to limit potential entrants with "goofy" rules.

I'll not only take Horgas, I'd give Corky a one lap head start.

[size="1"][ November 21, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Bill Bonow ][/size]

Liked: 1417

Ok guys, can we end this pissing match now? :mad:

If MC wants to shoot their CFF class in the foot, let them do it. Their class entry numbers will prove the points of everyone who has any opinion on this subject.

Please stop this bickering on a subject that doesn't even affect 99.9% of you. Then again, please stop the bickering, in general.

If it is okay, I have one more question which is related to the original post.

I am 6'1" and 220lbs. Whatever CFF I drive, I will be over the minimum weight. With my VD and EVERYTHING light from wheels to small springs and the aluminum head, I was 65 lbs over the minimum. How would you treat me?

If me and my car are already at 1200 are you going to make me go higher? I can promise that at 1200 I would be pretty competitive in that field and have been in the past. So, do you balast my car?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 126

[quote]Originally posted by Richard Pare:
    [b]...If you are too damned lazy or cheap to bring you car up to snuff, go run IT instead![/b][/quote]OUCH! I thought it was an unwritten agreement that we only bashed the FM's here.

With all due respect Richard Pare, I assume you have not had any involvement/interest in IT racing for quite some time(with good reason). The costs involved in campaigning a competitive ITS/ITA car in some regions is very high. Relative to what the original intent/purpose of IT was.

The bar in ITS has been raised so high (Thanks Speedsource and Bimmerworld) That I can campaign a very competitve CFF for 1/2 the costs involved in campaigning an ARRC competitive ITS Mazda or BMW. $40K for the car alone!!!

I left karting to go IT racing to save money and still race, competitively. I left IT racing to save more money and get back in an open wheel car.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

I know Corky.
    Corky is very good people.
    That is why I bet on him. If I lose my money, I've made a good bet.
    From what I can see, he began this post as an effort to get input on some MC rule changes. Nothing more.

Please, have a pleasant winter. Good cheer and good health. May all your buisness efforts be fruitful, toils for the good, and may your race efforts be worthy. I'm sorry, I'll have no part of this, anymore.

Here's a little story:

About five years into my racing experience I was at a NE Region National at Pocono Raceway.

A former FF National Champion showed up, John Filipakis. (What happened to John) He was in a Crossle CF. I in my not so trustee 85 Reynard.

I can't find the qualifying times but in the race John's best time was a 1:55. The leader Tom Sabiel was at 1:39. I had a 1:40.

First there is no way I was that much better than John as a driver. Second it's obvious that his car was not up to snuff.

For Jon Horgas or anyone to say they will beet you know matter what car they drive and what car you drive is meaningless macho bravado.

Liked: 3325

To all:

I have been out of the boundries. My apologies.

I have a very keen interest in what happens to CFF. I will retire doing so. My 'son' has very stong feelings about old FF's, as do I, and is working hard and saving his $ to be able to drive one. I recieved a disturbing e-mail from Corky yesterday inviting me to take my "kid" to the SCCA. Said this discussion was by MC people and for MC people only. No problem. Count us out. Now I know why car counts are down. We will race at Waterford Hills club. Lots of very friendly people there.

I thank those of you who I do not know that have sent such nice e-mail's to me. I am not alone in my opinion about silly changes in rules to satisfy a few, or a couple. The tire rule in nationals for FF proved that 6 years ago. They approved the alum head because iron ones are becoming scarce. Steel bodied vs alum. hum......., who can tell the difference besides Schumacher.

Joe Tovo always says it the best. "If it's worth having, work for it"
    Dave Weitzenhof

For the record:

My comments were not meant as an insult to Jon's ability or a support of any strange rules the MC might want to institute. I was only pointing out that a good driver with a great car will most likely win over a great driver with a bad car. Of course it's all speculation until you have the two cars side by side.

[quote]Originally posted by Jon Horgas:
    [b]To all:

I have been out of the boundries. My apologies.

I have a very keen interest in what happens to CFF. I will retire doing so. My 'son' has very stong feelings about old FF's, as do I, and is working hard and saving his $ to be able to drive one. I recieved a disturbing e-mail from Corky yesterday inviting me to take my "kid" to the SCCA. Said this discussion was by MC people and for MC people only. No problem. Count us out. Now I know why car counts are down. We will race at Waterford Hills club. Lots of very friendly people there.
    "[/b][/quote]Jon,
    This is not exactly in the context of what I was trying to say. I am sorry it came off that way. My anger finally got the best of me after having a severe reacation by so many people.

EVERYONE:
    My apologies to everyone for trying somthing new. My opinons do not represent the opinions of the club *MC*. I will shut my trap and go away to make everyone happy. I am sick and tired of trying to defend my self, and the rules which I thought might improve the class.

I am done with this. period.

I wish you all luck in your seasons to come and many more after.

cj

Corky,
    You are the one that posted your rules to the board looking for feedback from its members. After going through and reading the posts, you did get some very good advice and criticism. Which is what you wanted, no?

Don't walk away because your feelings are hurt. So people had some fun with it, thats why we are here. Learn from what was said.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 1417

Ok, this has run its course... I think we all know by now where the mass of the FF population stands on the proposed ideas for the CFF class for MC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information