Thread: SCCA Foundation

Liked: 29

Default SCCA Foundation

[SIZE=4]I just received an SCCA email announcing its "Dash to the Summit" Fundraiser.
    [/SIZE]
    "For this week only starting on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, and closing at 5pm on" Sunday, January 14th, everyone who makes a donation of $50 or larger to the SCCA Foundation through our PayPal link on this page: www.sccafoundation.com/donate/ will be entered into a drawing for one of fifteen Summit Racing Equipment $50 gift certificates. The gift certificates must be used by January 31, 2018".

With only 15 gifts only worth the same amount I donate, I think I'll just cutout the middle man use the $50 for the parts I need.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

and buy when you want!

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

I thought that the "Dash to the Summit" was a Runoffs thing.

If you go to the actual Foundation site via scca.com/about/foundation, there does not appear to be any active campaign.

Maybe spam or malware?
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 29

Default SCCA Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    I thought that the "Dash to the Summit" was a Runoffs thing.

If you go to the actual Foundation site via scca.com/about/foundation, there does not appear to be any active campaign.

Maybe spam or malware?

Anything is possible. I copied and pasted the email below. Pardon any format irregularities.

SCCA Foundation - Dash to Summit Fundraiser (No subject)

SM

SCCA Membership

Yesterday, 6:49 AM

You

Getting too much email from SCCA Membership?You can unsubscribe

SCCA FOUNDATION "DASH TO THE SUMMIT" FUNDRAISER
    Thanks to the generosity of Summit Racing Equipment, the SCCA Foundation announces its "Dash to the Summit" Fundraiser.For this week only starting on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, and closing at 5pm on Sunday, January 14th, everyone who makes a donation of $50 or larger to the SCCA Foundation through our PayPal link on this page: www.sccafoundation.com/donate/ will be entered into a drawing for one of fifteen Summit Racing Equipment $50 gift certificates. The gift certificates must be used by January 31, 2018.At the close of the "Dash to the Smmit" Fundraiser, we will randomly select 15 names from those who have made donations of $50 or more to win one of the $50 gift certificates. Donations must be made through the DONATE button link on the web page to be eligible for the drawing.All donations will go to support the SCCA Foundation's core programs including continued growth of the TireRack Street Survival program, the ongoing work to preserve the SCCA Archives, and encouraging automotive education through the Formula SAE program. Summit Racing Equipment is the world'slargest mail order automotive performance equipment company, with thousands of performance parts, aftermarket accessories, tools and garage equipment, collectibles, and stock replacement parts to choose from. Visit them at www.summitracing.comwww.sccafoundation.com/donate/
    Click here to unsubscribe from Member Benefits, here to manage your subscriptions,
    and here to unsubscribe from all.

Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
    6620 SE Dwight St
    Topeka, KS 66619

Liked: 0

Default Foundation Fundraiser - Thank You

On behalf of the SCCA Foundation, I apologize the promotion was not as clear as it could have been. Just a few days prior, we were kindly offered the Summit gift certificates to use as we saw fit to raise funds for the Foundation. In light of the short period of time they were valid, we decided a quick e-mail campaign gave us the best opportunity to raise some funds and have time to mail the gift certificates to the winners such that they'd still have 2 weeks to use them. We didn't have time to update the webpage to reflect the specific promotion as we would have liked to do (the web page is in the middle of a redesign, too).

Thank you to everyone who donated regardless of whether they expected to win a gift certificate. The winners' gift certificates are in the mail. All of the donations received will help us continue to support the teen driving Street Survival program, will further the great work taking place to organize and preserve the SCCA Archives at the IMRRC in Watkins Glen, and to support the Formula SAE program. We are also excited that in response to this promotion, another vendor has stepped forward wanting to support a similar campaign later in the year, so be on the lookout for news on the next opportunity!

Jeff Jacobs
    Vice Chair, SCCA Foundation
    R.E. Philadelphia Region SCCA

Thread Information