Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Default Sharing links to products for sale....

In the past if we found something on craigslist or another site that we thought might be of interest to other members we would post in the appropriate for sale section.

Since those are now paid sections, how do we share?

Example. This Dallara might be of interest to someone.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...a-3-chassis-5/

What is the protocol? Do I have to pay to share things like this?

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default In this specific case...

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...ght=Schumacher

However you do have a valid question.

Steve

Liked: 447

I don't have any say on how the process works anymore. It's all up to Doug and Kim, but without knowing if someone is "referring" to their own ad as themselves or a friend in order to circumvent paying for an ad by putting it in a different forum, I don't see how it could be policed. Without having anyone particular in mind with whom you would want to share something with via personal message, you may either have to pay for an ad or stop referring items for sale just in case other people may be interested. It can't be something that would cause extra investigative work to make sure that the seller is in fact not the referrer.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 195

Default Classified Super License

Just wondering, would it matter if the person linking to the ad has a Classified Super License? Interesting enough a bought the Reynard I raced this year and recently sold on here due to a member posting a link to the Craigslist ad a year ago.

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by hdsporty1988 View Post
    Just wondering, would it matter if the person linking to the ad has a Classified Super License? Interesting enough a bought the Reynard I raced this year and recently sold on here due to a member posting a link to the Craigslist ad a year ago.

That would be an exception, yes. They should have the option to post it in classifieds then.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    It can't be something that would cause extra investigative work to make sure that the seller is in fact not the referrer.
    Oh I agree. After posting this my thought was maybe a single thread somewhere called "Check this out" and people could just post links to it. Wouldn't be their own thread.....

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1417

What Keith said is accurate. Thanks for asking.

There will always be someone trying to game the system by linking to their own sale on another site, so we don't allow those types of "found" our "outing" posts. In the case of Classified subscribers, it would be allowed, as there would be no reason to try to circumvent anything on ApexSpeed.

Thread Information