Liked: 0

Default Help with DCOE Webers

I have an 81 Ralt RT5 that I autocross. It is set up to Atlantic rules and has an 1800 stroked to 2000 with dual 40 DCOE's. They mount to the right side of the engine. My son and I were at the Championship Tour in Toledo this last weekend. The car ran fine for me but I'm old and slow. My son had issues in long left hand sweepers. No problem with right hand sweepers. His description was that the engine would change to a lower tone and he lost power. It didn't stall and it didn't misfire It was like he let off the gas. It would recover shortly after the turn. He ran it on the rev limiter for a few seconds in the fastest mostly straight section with no issue. Haven't seen this happen at local events where the grip is less and speeds are slower.

I've checked and double checked float levels (brass floats) and they seem fine but I've read for performance driving maybe the stock float levels aren't good enough. I cranked the fuel pressure regulator up to 4 lbs and it made no difference.

Liked: 30

Are you sure the problem lies in the Webers and not a fuel pickup issue from the tank? I fought a somewhat similar issue in my Atlantic that turned out to be all fuel pickup and fuel sock related.

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Joules5 View Post
    Are you sure the problem lies in the Webers and not a fuel pickup issue from the tank? I fought a somewhat similar issue in my Atlantic that turned out to be all fuel pickup and fuel sock related.

Julian
    Thanks for the reply and no I'm not. I had a lot of trouble with the car until I figured out the fuel cell foam had deteriorated and blocked the fuel lines. Then I couldn't get it to start or run until I figured out the accelerator jets were plugged. Right now is the best it has run in a couple years but is the first time with new fuel cell foam and jets. Previously there wasn't a problem and I am running more fuel than I ever have.

Liked: 141

You have fuel spilling from the floats onto the top of the jets. This is under the round cap held on with the wing nut. You can build an extension tube to raise the divider up or epoxy the small float side up and drill small hole (1/8) for venting.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by J Leonard View Post
    You have fuel spilling from the floats onto the top of the jets. This is under the round cap held on with the wing nut. You can build an extension tube to raise the divider up or epoxy the small float side up and drill small hole (1/8) for venting.
    Thank you

Thread Information