Liked: 0

ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. (April 15, 2004) - PHD Racing has announced that it has signed Justin Pritchard to compete in the Formula SCCA Championship, part of the Cooper Tires Championship Series. Driving the No. 12 Mantac Ltd Formula SCCA, Pritchard will contest the remainder of the 2004 season, commencing at Road Atlanta, April 23-25.

Pritchard joins the Ohio based team, replacing Tim Dunn who is unable to run the remainder of the season for personal reasons. Pritchard, of Granville, Ohio, is widely regarded as one of the top amateur drivers in North America. Racing in the challenging Formula Ford class, Pritchard has won back-to-back SCCA National Championships at the prestigious Valvoline Runoffs and numerous SCCA Club Racing National events. Prior to dominating the Formula Ford class, Pritchard won the SCCA National Championship in the Formula Continental class in 1996.

"I am incredibly happy to join Team PHD Racing," said Pritchard. "I had serious conversations with them for several weeks and I am very excited to join a team where we will have a great opportunity to win every race. I felt very comfortable with Paul, Bob and Scotty, they made me feel like a team member even before I signed on to race with them."

In addition to racing in the Formula SCCA Championship, Pritchard will contest a full SCCA Club Racing National schedule with the team. Driving his Piper DFS Formula Ford, Pritchard will receive support throughout the year from Paul Derov, Bob Harris and Scott Murray.

Widely regarded as North America's premier training series, the Cooper Tires Championship Series offers the complete motorsports education, with emphasis on cost-effective racing. Racing throughout the United States and Canada, the Cooper Series showcases the best drivers from around the world on a challenging mix of racetracks.

For additional information on PHD Racing, please contact The Gordon Group at (440) 476-1942.

For additional information on the Formula SCCA Championship or the Cooper Tires Championship Series, please contact Michelle Kish at (973) 575-2626, e-mail MichelleKish@usff2000.com or visit www.cooperseries.com
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Everyone one better be prepared to race for 2nd place...your entry fee will be his purse.

I will second that Tom.
    I raced in FF last year and have seen what he can do. This guy will I'm afraid, be kicking everyone's butt and taking the pots.

-Tom

I wouldn't count out the other two-time Valvoline champ thats in the hunt (Elivan Goulart). I'm just hoping to get the car back together.

Scott Brickey

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing you at the track.

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

Wow,

Now this is gonna be good!

As one of Justin's sponsors in FF, .. I've seen first hand what this guy can do with anything on wheels, ..

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1908

We may just have to dust off last years championship car for Treadway so Justin has someone to follow.With a gap in our Nascar Busch North program in July, Maybe a "one off" at LimeRock would be fun.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Congratulations Justin. A well deserved seat for a fantastic race car driver and genuinely nice guy! Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Thread Information