Thread: Zamp 42 vs 44

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1495

Default Zamp 42 vs 44

Does anyone know the difference between the Zamp 42 and 44 series of helmets? I can't find anything online.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Isn't the 44 only available in carbon fiber? Looks like the 42 is kevlar blend.

Liked: 160

I think Daryl has it correct.

I have used an older Zamp RZ-32 Aero helmet for the last few years and I love it!

The new carbon fiber Zamp RZ-44 looks like a great choice at about 2/3 the cost of an equivalent Bell helmet.

Cheers, Joe

Contributing Member
    Liked: 6

Default zamp

I have the 44. it is very lightweight..almost too much so. I used it with all the attachments and it about came off my head the 1st time. I took the chin spoiler off and it was better. The fit was great and the price was right if you don't want a custom painted helmet.

Liked: 44

Default Zamp

I love my new Zamp.

I wrote the North American office (in Vancouver) last night, we'll see what they say.

Liked: 26

Default 44 is CF helmet indeed

The 44 is the CF option indeed, just got mine late last year and sent it off to paint. The only issue I had initially were the cheek pads were not tight fitting enough. I went back to the company I purchased the helmet from and Zamp was quick to send me tighter fitting cheek pads to form better to my face. Helmet is comfortable and airflow is nice going through. Only thin I don't know is - how it takes a hit! With hope (while I own it), I don't test that function.

Pics attached of the painted up helmet.

Default Got the Scoop

35 is fiberglas shell, has a shorter height and shallow spoiler, comes with the top air scoop, but not the ones on the sides or front, or the earmuffs.

40 is Kevlar/glas mix, has a deeper spoiler area in the front, hydration hole, side and front vents but no scoops for those, a top scoop, and earmuffs.

42 is Kevlar/glas mix, deeper spoiler than the 40, hydration hole, top and side scoops, front and back spoilers in the box, and earmuffs. Weighs 1625 grams - 3.5 lbs

44 is carbon/kev/glas mix, deeper spoiler, and spoilers come attached, yada, yada, yada Weighs 1550 grams - 3.4 lbs

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 319

Default Two?

Sorry Rick, I couldn't resist!
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

man that took me a while.....

Thread Information