Thread: Spare parts

Liked: 0

I saw a few of these cars at LRP last weekend and am interested. In terms of spares what are you guys buying and what is the cost of the more comonly broken parts. I was thinking of nose cones, wings, trans rear covers, front or rear corners...
    John

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Jim Dickson at SCCA Enterprises provided me the following a few weeks ago:
    A formula nose is 615, cockpit side is 592, side pod bottom is 413, and side pod top is 463. These prices do not include duty of 3% plus freight.

Liked: 0

John,

In theory, a spec racer shouldn't have to inventory many spares because a good CSR should be at the track with an inventory of most commonly needed (destroyed) parts.

A good question is, does Enterprises set the price or is it like car dealership's with "suggested retail price". Can CSR's compete against each other for our business or are they legally bound to sell parts at a set price?

Scott Brickey

Liked: 7

Under the heading of spare parts, the oil filter is a NAPA 7035.
    JIM

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

The CSR can charge as much or as little as he sees fit. I would recommend dealing with one CSR, so that he will recognize you as a good customer and work with you in order to keep your business. There may be times when some parts are scarce, and the word travels quickly. A good CSR will try very hard to take care of his customers--including occasionally holding onto a rare part instead of selling it to someone he never heard of before.

I noted with interest that the most common parts have embedded codes which will prevent the likes of me from selling privately produced parts at a discount...too bad, as I could have cut an easy $50 from the price of a wishbone!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Thread Information