Thread: Welcome!

Liked: 1417

Welcome to the fresh look debut of the new ApexSpeed collection of formula car websites, including F2000.com, Formula1600.com, SPECformula.com and more to come in the future.

You will notice a lot of new features and looks here; the most important being ONE single registration base for all of the forums. For F2000 users, your info will be the same, for FF users, your information has been saved, but your user number may be different. You also may notice that posts you previously made may have different names on them now. We're working on this problem, but we can't promise anything. If you were registered on both sites previously, your F2000.com user name and password is the only one that still remains.

There are many new features of the upgraded software that you may notice, the most obvious is the STICKY feature. Keep your eyes open for new and important announcements that will hover at the top of each forum.

For the past 2 weeks, I have put in at least 2-3 hours a day getting things ready to change to the new server. We had exceeded our server capacities a lot quicker than we thought, and needed to make some serious changes much earlier than expected. While I apologize for the downtime over the last couple of days, I'm sure the changes will be worth the wait. The sites are now more closely integrated, with one user base, and will offer us a lot more flexibility behind the scenes.

One issue that has sprung up with the combination of the forums and user registries, is that the FF users' numbers have changed, altering the old posts to a point that we may not be able to recover. You may see some odd names on posts that weren't there before. I'm sorry, but the alternatives were losing ALL of the FF users completely. The last 5 hours of this evening were spent making sure that the FF membership base did not have to re-register. Also, there is a chance that FF users may need to re-fill their user profiles. Some of the stored data could not be converted, and was passed over in the transition. I'm sorry, it was just one of the small prices to pay to get everything back up and running.

Please, if there are any problems found along the way, post them here if you can, or send an e-mail to: info@apexspeed.com. I cannot respond to every single e-mail (my day job doesn't like me doing outside work there too much), but I will make every effort to attend to every issue that pops up.

Hope you like the new boards.

-doug

Liked: 0

Test
    Kyle Lefever

Liked: 218

Thanks Doug. I really like the new site. For me it's no problem about losing the FF posts. I was going to get on my Van Diemen for sale post just to say it had been sold, so you saved me a step! We're now looking forward to the arrivals of our new Spec Cars. Thanks also for this Spec Formula forum.

Steve Stadel
    (no longer FF14 )
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Thread Information