Liked: 47

Default Fun One Vee Challenge Cup Info

Just an update on all that will be happening revolving around the F-Vee Challenge Cup Series during the upcoming Watkins Glen “Fun One” event (9/13,14).

For the Saturday F-Vee race Complemar Partners Inc (www.complemar.com) will be handing out $50 first place, $35 second and $25 third place prize money to the top three finishers using the Falken radial tire/wheel set-up.

Also on Saturday afternoon, Ray and Trina Carmody will be hosting a repeat of last year’s successful burgers and dogs cook-out. Free beverages (pop/beer) will be provided courtesy of Vintage Sport AutoArt (www.vintagesportautoart.com) and the Series Championship trophies will also be on display.

Another bump is that Quixote Racing (www.quixoteracing.com) has donated six (6) $25 gift certificates that will be awarded in an ascending order from last place on up through the next five finishing positions for F-Vee Challenge Cup Series drivers.

And don’t forget that free 2015 Challenge Cup T-shirts and stickers- courtesy of Complemar Partners Inc., will also be available for any driver new to the Series.

Combine all this with the Fun One event’s long course/short course format and you have all the ingredients for a memorable weekend of Vee racing and camaraderie.

So come out to the legendary Watkins Glen Grand Prix course and join in the movement to return Vee racing to its affordable roots -and have a blast doing it!
    Last edited by fvee62; 09.02.14 at 7:42 PM.

Liked: 51

Thanks for the update,,
    Won't be able to join you at the Fun One .
    Had a blast at Pocono
    Look forward to season finally at the Glen

Cheers
    Desmond

P.S.
    Sept 27/28 celebration of motorsports at CTMP {Mosport)

Default Fun One Gift Certificate Awarding

Just a note to let everyone know there is a change in the awarding of the six Quixote Racing gift certificates at the Watkins Glen Fun One event.

Instead of handing out the certificates to the last six finishers, they will be given out by a random drawing of names at the Saturday cook-out. All that is required to be eligible to win a certificate is that you run within the Challenge Cup guidelines at that day’s race and be present at the cook-out for the drawing.

I apologize in advance if this change causes any undue confusion. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Glen!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 31

Never been to WGI, do the Vees usually paddock in a particular location?

Liked: 12

Dave,

Many of the Vee guys pit in one of the areas just above the Medical Center. Once you drive through the tunnel, turn left at the second intersection, go up the hill just past the Medical Center, and you should see many of the guys, most of them are likely to be to your left.

Mike

Contributing Member
    Liked: 31

Thanks Mike. I'm really looking forward to driving the track

Liked: 126

Thanks to all the guys who came out this past weekend, even though saturdays weather was tough the racing was good congrats to Arine on his win saturday. Saturday nights party was a hit thanks to Trina Carmody great job Thanks Rob for all the help. Sunday brought sunny skies and the racing was great Congrats to Dale Rader you were fast nice track record. I need to thank the following people for putting in the time and effort Greg Davis thank you for all your time keep up the good work the series is getting alot of intrest your work is starting to payoff. Quixote for the prizes very nice thank you for supporting our series. Ed Womer thank you for the prizes and supporting the series. Jim Kearney thank you for helping out. We had 22 cars it was alot of fun hanging out with everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Big Thanks to Complamar for Supporting the series

Liked: 23

Default Fun 1

+++ 1 on Ray's Kudos. It was great seeing everyone !
    Dennis

Liked: 174

Had a great time and had fun racing with Matt Clark on both days! I'd also like to
    thank Trina and Ray for hosting a great dinner spread and to Greg Davis for getting
    the entire Championship organized the past two years! Thanks also to Quixote and
    others who provided prizes, and also to Complamar for their support of our series!

Mark

Citation #66

Liked: 22

Yes, a very enjoyable weekend and great to see everyone. Many thanks.
    Incidentally, we had three drivers top the 100mph lap on Sunday!

Default Thanks to all

Many thanks go out to all the Vee competitors and their crews who came out to the Glen over the weekend. It was very gratifying to see the great turnout for the Fun One and even though the weather for Saturdays' qualifying was atrocious, the rest of the weekend lived up to the "Fun One" moniker - both on and off the track.
    Congrats to Arnie Carbaugh on his win on the long course Saturday and to Dale Rader on his Sunday short course victory and lap record!
    I really enjoyed dicing with everyone both days and especially Sunday - what a blast! It was like a high speed drafting chess game!
    Thanks must also go out to all the Carmody's, but especially Trina, for all the work she put in to the first class Saturday evening cook-out - it was a great turnout and I think a good time was had by all who attended. (I heard Al Spadin went directly from the track to buy lotto tickets after that evening's random drawings!)
    Also, I would like to take a moment to thank all the generous sponsors that have stepped forward to support what the Challenge Cup is trying to achieve; first mention must go to Rob DePalma and Complemar Partners Inc.(www.complemar.com) for their overall sponsorship of the Series trophies, T-shirts and prize money, Quixote Racing (www.quixoteracing.com) for their kind donation of gift certificates for the Fun One and the Last Chance events, Ed Womer for his gift certificates to the drivers on Falkens at the Fun One, Vintage Sport AutoArt (www.vintagesportautoart.com) for providing Series beverages and Kearney Driver Development (www.kearneykdd.com) , who also pitched in with beer on Saturday.
    Look soon for a post about developments surrounding the upcoming Formula Vee Challenge Cup awards ceremony on the Saturday evening of the Last Chance weekend!

Liked: 0

Default were can I buy challenge T-Shirt and sticker

Quote Originally Posted by fvee62 View Post
    Just an update on all that will be happening revolving around the F-Vee Challenge Cup Series during the upcoming Watkins Glen “Fun One” event (9/13,14).

For the Saturday F-Vee race Complemar Partners Inc (www.complemar.com) will be handing out $50 first place, $35 second and $25 third place prize money to the top three finishers using the Falken radial tire/wheel set-up.

Also on Saturday afternoon, Ray and Trina Carmody will be hosting a repeat of last year’s successful burgers and dogs cook-out. Free beverages (pop/beer) will be provided courtesy of Vintage Sport AutoArt (www.vintagesportautoart.com) and the Series Championship trophies will also be on display.

Another bump is that Quixote Racing (www.quixoteracing.com) has donated six (6) $25 gift certificates that will be awarded in an ascending order from last place on up through the next five finishing positions for F-Vee Challenge Cup Series drivers.

And don’t forget that free 2015 Challenge Cup T-shirts and stickers- courtesy of Complemar Partners Inc., will also be available for any driver new to the Series.

Combine all this with the Fun One event’s long course/short course format and you have all the ingredients for a memorable weekend of Vee racing and camaraderie.

So come out to the legendary Watkins Glen Grand Prix course and join in the movement to return Vee racing to its affordable roots -and have a blast doing it!

Liked: 115

Default Fun One

Greg,

I did run out and buy a lottery ticket... for those of you that weren't there I made back some of my travel expenses. First there was a bit of cash for a second place finish on radials.. then by my finishing on radials I happened to receive a bit of cash from Ed Womer Racing... then to top it off I won a gift certificate from Quixote Racing.... So thanks to the series, Ed Womer and Dietmar.. Later Mary Jane and I with the Farnham boys and Jim Kearney toasted to a bountiful harvest, at the Seneca Lodge..

As much fun as the party was, It couldn't hold a candle to the great turnout and even greater racing that took place on Saturday and Sunday... I urge everyone to check out this great series next year when it will be even better...

and Greg, win or lose the lottery, I'll be back next year..

Al Spadin Jr

Liked: 115

Default Fun One

P.S.

Trina, the food was great....

Default T-shirt and Stickers

Bailey,
    PM me or phone me (814-778-5207) and we can discuss arrangements to get you the stickers and t-shirt.
    Greg

Thread Information