Liked: 27

Default 2014 Midwest Formula First Schedule

Here is the inaugural season for the Midwest FST schedule.

April 26 & 27 Gateway - St Louis
    May 24 & 25 Hallett - Oklahoma
    June 28 & 29 Hallett - Oklahoma
    August 2 & 3 Gateway - St Louis
    September 27 & 28 Hallett - Oklahoma
    October 25 & 26 Gateway - St Louis

We have a Tenative date in Denver on July 5 & 6 depending on our expanding car count.
    All dates at Hallett will be run under the COMMA sanctioning body. All SCCA license is accepted
    Gateway will host our Formula First Stars series races with trophies presented at the October race for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.
    With the expansion of Formula First in the Midwest we hope to expand our locations into Colorado, Texas, & Iowa next season.

Liked: 6

Bill and I have been working on this series schedule for months. Both the St Louis Region and Hallet Raceway are 110% in to make this series grow. What the St Louis Region has put together for all of us is unbelievable, Podiums at every race, Special Race Weekend Awards, Allowing us to pick our run times to accommodate our travel, and special 3 race Stars of FST Championship with awards. Hallet is welcoming us with open arms as COMMA is trying to help develop an affordable open wheel class as they see this as a great class to attract young racers coming out of karting instead of going SM. You guys from the Central Region these are easy tows and you would be more than welcomed to help spread the success you are already having with the FST experience. We are working on some more series sponsors to make it even better. Any questions please feel free to contact Bill Gray or myself.
    Last edited by csingletary01; 01.16.14 at 10:37 AM. Reason: addition information

Liked: 151

Default Star Series

Bill and Chuck

Great job pulling the Star Series together. It looks very impressive for the fist year. I'm hoping that every area can have their own series and maybe we can get together for a season end event.

Are any of these NASA events??

Default Denver event

Robert
    The tenative Denver event is an SCCA event. However, Chuck and I will be attending some of the NASA Colorado events as well to show support for the NASA events and help the youth FST program. We just didn't include it in the points series this year. With there already being 3 cars in that program we expect to have those events on our points schedule next year. The Dads out there have done a super job if getting NASA to accept the kids as young as 13. We still have some details to work out such as the weight inequities. It's hard to put 200 lbs of ballast in the car. LOL. Right now we are researching the possibility of a smaller restrictor plate for some of the smaller youth. We will get it worked out and will be racing in it this year. I guess Chuck and I are looking at this year in Colorado as a development year.

Robert Bill posted about the work that has been done to get NASA to start an open wheel division. The Races at Hallet are under COMMA. If you go to the Hallet website they have all of the COMMA information.We feel that the races at Gateway are really accessible to some of the current FST competitors. If some could attend they would be treated well and sure could speed up our FST development. All of our weekends are Double events also. Both tracks are willing to give us our own run group if we can get 6 plus FST
    Last edited by csingletary01; 01.16.14 at 5:26 PM. Reason: more info

Default MidWest FST Stars Series

Just wanted to put out our schedule one more time for our 2014 season.
    April 26 & 27 Gateway St Louis
    May 24 & 25 Hallett Oklahoma
    June 28 & 29 Hallett Oklahoma
    August 2 & 3 Gateway St Louis
    September 27 & 28 Hallett Oklahoma
    October 25 & 26 Gateway St Louis.

We have an optional race in July at High Plains in Denver for anyone interested in attending.
    The People of St Louis Region have been very supportive of our class and are offering trophies and potentially our own run group. You guys east of the Mississippi would be greatly appreciated. Your support will help Chuck Singletary and I build FST in the Heartland.

Default 1st STARS FST Race

first race of season for STARS FST Series at Gateway April 26th & 27th. Help us get this series kicked off and test your car before Gingerman.

Liked: 11

Do you have a breakdown for the times of things for June 28/29? I have off the 28th and would like to see a race in person.

Liked: 151

Default Some Info

Mr Rossman

The Grattan Rounds 3 and 4 will be held on the 28th and 29 in Belding MI which is near grand rapids about 4 hours drive from Indianapolis. I will get you on a crew for the 28th. FST is group 4 so qualification should be 10 ish and the race is in the PM whenever. In my opinion Grattan is the best place to watch a race. From one vantage point 80 percent of the track is visible.

Also for your information There are two FST's right in Indianapolis, one belonging to Steve Dunlop and the other a brand new conversion Vector owned by Rob Farmiga. Both I'm sure would be glad to talk and show. In addition, there are 5 cars in Ohio some pretty close to you.

So feel free to send me a private message or e-mail me at my address in my profile.

Liked: 11

I have the 28th off already. Does not look good for the 29th but I am going to try and get up there for the 28th at least.

Default Hallett on 28 & 29

Our races will both be afternoon I'm sure however I don't have the official word on that. We would live to have you there however I do understand being closer to another race. We will also be running at Gateway/ St Louis in August and October and from what I'm hearing several of the Eastern Hoosier series guys are considering coming to the October race there. It's an excellent track and you can also see 90% of the race.

Thread Information