Liked: 20

Default 5 New FV Drivers for the NHMS school next weekend!

Thanks to everyone that has been involved in the creation and promotion of NEFV, all the people involved in the shows that have been put on (another show tomorrow at the Saratoga Auto Museum! Thanks Tyler and Dave) we have 5 New FV drivers ready for the school next weekend at NHMS! So much for a dying class, we can and we have brought new life into FV in the Northeast!

Thompson will open its historic road course in the coming weeks!
    Palmer is under construction along with Club Motorsports and all the amazing tracks we have, it's a pretty good time to be part of a class that has been around 51 years!
    Mark Filip

Liked: 56

I know all of us in the Northeast/New England are excited to meet our new FV friends who will be attending the school. Mark, you are exactly right, five are scheduled to attend and unfortunately one will not be able to make the school do to scheduling conflicts. That being said, we would also like to welcome a sixth new FV driver, Jen Ferreira to the group. We can't wait to have her join the rest of us on track in the future!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

Guys, this is fantastic news. I am excited to meet them all. Each year the NE has done promotions it has gotten easier to do, and the number of newcomers has grown. Nice going - this made my day!

Liked: 174

Great job Mark and everyone involved!

Liked: 22

Is there a specific FV area of the Paddock?
    Thanks,
    Guy,

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

Guy,
    I think the majority of the Vees hang out in the garages. The rest scatter about the paddock.
    But that's a good point. We should try to corral everyone together.
    Andy

Guy
    We typically have a large group of FV drivers in the North garage (the garages furthest away from the entry tunnel). I know we will be in North garage 8. There is typically paddock space against the fence in and around the North garage. Ever since the NHMS remodel, the Veehive has migrated to the garage area. We are looking forward to having you down to NH. It looks like it's shaping up to be a really competitive field.

Liked: 4

This is great news. Looks like all the hard work is paying off. Looking forward to seeing old friends and and meeting new ones.

Last weekend Tyler and I gave out most of the business cards and brochures. We had a couple of people interested and were planning to visit the website. We also suggested coming to a race to get a real feel and speak with the drivers.

Dave

Contributing Member

Dave,

That just reminded me to bring brochures - I just put it on my list.

Mark, I think I have the business card, right?

John

Liked: 22

Gentlemen,
    I would like to take this opportunity to say, ‘thank you.’ I had a really enjoyable weekend, even if it was started it with ‘old ’England weather. It was great to put faces to so many of the names I’ve seen on this board and I am really impressed with what you are doing as a group to bring new drivers to the formula.
    Thank you.
    Guy.

Guy
    It was a pleasure having you travel so far to take part in the event. We have a pretty special group in the Northeast and we're glad you have had an enjoyable experience. Thanks for bringing your "A game" and showing us how it's done all weekend! Please tell me you haven't made the 10 hour drive home in 8 hours? I hope your trip home was more enjoyable than the venture down. It was great meet you and I hope we meet again in person.
    I'm sure we will post some picture and results from the weekend in the near future. It was a great weekend of real tight racing. I've never heard so many compliments from drivers, stewarts, or on lookers about the level of racing throughout the field. Great job by everyone!

I do not like to be watching track side but I must say today I was pretty happy watching not 1 but 2 amazing races! A blanket chould have covered the pack of 5 that battled from start to finish!

Also want to congratulate the new drivers on completing the school and welcome them to NEFV!
    Mark Filip

Contributing Member

Gentlemen - it was truly a blast this weekend. Great to meet everyone! John

Excellent observation Mark. In less than ideal conditions, five young drivers took to the track on Friday morning. Everyone of them performed like a veteran considering the circumstances. Unfortunately there were a few mechanical gremlins that hampered a couple of the new participants, but they all showed great enthusiasm throughout the weekend and appeared eager to join us on a regular basis. Some helped flag, all asked great questions of the veterans and a few joined us for the post race party on Sat. Congratulations to:

Tom Kenney
    Walter "Skip" Popiak
    Justin Noble
    John Bailey
    Kevin O'Day

We look forward to see you all back at the track!

Default Instructors......

I'd also like to say thanks to the following instructors.

Dennis Richardson
    Tom Pape
    John Petillo
    Tyler Reynolds
    Dave Reynolds
    Mark Saviet
    Jeff Swan

Special thanks goes to Tom Pape for being on track with the students all day long. The weather conditions were unpleasant at best!!!

Thanks to all......

Here are a few garage photos from the weekend....

https://plus.google.com/photos/11603...369?banner=pwa

Contributing Member

Nick, excellentpictures - thanks for posting.

Liked: 2

Default Thanks everyone

Just want to say thank you to everyone for the help, laughs and fun this past weekend. Great time despite the nasty weather.
    T.

Default More Pictures from NHMS

Yusuf has been attending SCCA events and sharing his pictures over the past few years. He is an excellent photographer and has been kind enough to share his work over. Here are a few more professional images from the past weekend at NHMS.

http://abudiphotography.com/pa/lr/NH...014/index.html

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal99 View Post
    I'd also like to say thanks to the following instructors.

Dennis Richardson
    Tom Pape
    John Petillo
    Tyler Reynolds
    Dave Reynolds
    Mark Saviet
    Jeff Swan

Special thanks goes to Tom Pape for being on track with the students all day long. The weather conditions were unpleasant at best!!!

Thanks to all......
    Paul, it was a pleasure working with you folks and a thrill helping the new guys come up to speed with their driving and car prep skills. Tom Pape gets special commendation for going out for each rainy session with the students - and always with a smile.

Liked: 17

RESULTS and Race Report can be found here.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63831
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

Thread Information