Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 126

I agree with Ben Cooper - looks like open wheel racing to me.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    I admire you, Mr. Landon. You have a very unique gift, not often seen in this world. You have the ability to know my financial situation, driving ability and racing experience level without any personal experience or first hand knowledge of either. Kudos to you.

So what is your answer to the question in this thread? Who was at fault and what should be done, if anything? Shut down one of the most successful FF series in existence? (because we are amateurs)

Maybe we should spread the wealth...... those that have worked hard and continue to do so to support their hobby, should allow the "Less fortunate" the opportunity to take out our cars and show us how it's done? (I can't afford to do that, because I had to write a check three days ago for those less fortunate ones that have other needs)

I am not sure if you were just flaming away in my thread, or expressing some other suggestion, that I am (because I am a wanker) unable to comprehend. Please enlighten me.
    Nobody was at fault. Stuff happens in a race. In SCCA it's because the majority of participants don't have any racecraft or real racing ability or good racing judgement in racing situations. I have been to many SCCA races and see the same things. Same in Karting which I started doing in 1967. Now days you see rich daddy's boy pull into the track with a freaking Semi Rig with two little go karts in it. Makes me gringe and is what killed the huge participation levels back then. Same thing happened to SCCA racing. All money, no talent.
    I could tell you're racing experience and driving ability right off the bat by the way you hold your steering wheel. Like I said, I'm jealous that I cant afford a real racecar. Good luck in your future racing adventures.

Liked: 502

"I could tell you're racing experience and driving ability right off the bat by the way you hold your steering wheel."

Please elaborate........I'm in the red 9 car RF92 VD, not the one recording the video. Wow, your clairvoyancy amazes me even more, as I have watched the videos many times and cannot see my steering wheel hand postion in any of them......face it, Mr. Landon, you're outed.
    I am going to re-take the section(s) of my Skippy School, and Bondurant's , as well as SCCA's dealing with hand position, so next time you have a hidden camera in my cockpit, at least I will be a wanker with the correct 10 and 2 , or 3 and 9 position, so you will sign off on my license renewal. After all, without even a shred of photo evidence, you can tell that I have been doing it wrong for the last 18 years. If I, or the driver taking the video had the correct steering wheel grip, the incident between the other two cars could have been avoided, I will bring that up at our next drivers meeting.

"Mr. Landon made a great suggestion in the interest of our safety and the preservation of our equipment. He thinks that the hand position of the video taking driver has a direct effect on the outcome of the incidents in front of him. Not only that, but he believes that the hand position of the author of an opinion soliciting post in a racing forum probably mirrors that of the videographer. Therefore, all drivers in this amateur series are wankers and shouldn't be allowed to race, because they may have large motorhomes full of go karts that they didn't bring, because the event was local and it killed event participation back in the late 60s and is killing SCCA now."

It wasn't an SCCA race either, btw.

Oops, maybe you didn't READ the thread and who is posting, and who filmed it, and who is commenting . That brings your credibility into question.

Good luck in your future racing endeavors.
    Last edited by marshall9; 04.18.14 at 8:45 PM.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    "I could tell you're racing experience and driving ability right off the bat by the way you hold your steering wheel."

Please elaborate........I'm in the red 9 car RF92 VD, not the one recording the video.
    Entirely my fault. I thought you were the video car. Still looks like most of the other cars need to learn how to do a start.
    I should stay off this site. All I do is make people mad. Have fun and ignore me.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

if anyone at fault orange
    left door open was already passed and failed to anticipate or move once contact was coming
    per kevin 100%
    the old hold your line never applies to start

Thank you Jim for the input, I have raced with the driver of the orange DB1 for quite a while, and was, at first biased against a newcomer involved in this incident. That is why I started this thread. I wanted to be objective and solicit unbiased opinions. I, fortunately do not have the task of ruling on this incident, but am enjoying the insight from all of you guys, and also learning things from you regarding starts, passing and etiquette. I just want to have fun racing, grow my proficiency at this craft, and learn from things like this.

Mr. Landon,

"I should stay off this site. All I do is make people mad. Have fun and ignore me"

I disagree with that as well. You should stay here and learn. Comment when you are sure what you are talking about and who you are talking to. Ask questions. Then no one gets upset. Please stay. I'm not mad, just pointing out, in my normal sarcastic smart arse way, that some of your comments are unfounded and don't make sense to me.
    Last edited by marshall9; 04.18.14 at 9:05 PM.

Liked: 3794

Morgan always hits me hard before the start, out of view of the starter, just to let me know he made it off the grid. Then he hits me again anytime I get close to remind me he does own the track. If he is lapping me, he hits me again for being slow. It is a South Florida mindset.
    The more cars he leans on in corners the less he tends to run off the road. He got his racing license by logging his driving experience in bumper cars at the State Fair.
    I think he picked orange because he heard that orange is the new black. In his mind red cars always have the right-of-way.

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Morgan always hits me hard before the start, out of view of the starter, just to let me know he made it off the grid. Then he hits me again anytime I get close to remind me he does own the track. If he is lapping me, he hits me again for being slow. It is a South Florida mindset.
    The more cars he leans on in corners the less he tends to run off the road. He got his racing license by logging his driving experience in bumper cars at the State Fair.
    I think he picked orange because he heard that orange is the new black. In his mind red cars always have the right-of-way.
    He should be sponsored by krispy kreme with that huge donut on the side.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    The DB-1 made a poor start [kind of reminds e of most of mine]
    me too, I'm sad to admit

Liked: 1120

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    the old hold your line never applies to start
    Line, what line? We're already two abreast and likely to be more, well under normal green-flag speed into T1.

I gots no donuts on the side of my car. Occasional plant matter, on the other hand..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information