Contributing Member
    Liked: 472

Default Just an in-car video of my race on Sep 15

...but I figured there might be a few here who'd be interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4aL8TG1x8

Liked: 146

I enjoyed it. What track was it?

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    I enjoyed it. What track was it?
    River's Edge Road Course at Mission Raceway Park

When the SCCBC lost its Westwood Plateau track due to development, they did a deal with the Custom Car Club who ran the local drag strip. The track layout uses the shutdown lanes of the strip (they would let us use the quarter mile of the strip proper; something about us dumping oil on their nice sticky rubber) and then winds around and over the very end of the lanes until the back side carries us back to the bottom of the main straight again.

For a newbie, the only thing is that the walls seem awfully close... ...but I'm getting used to it.

I'm going to be in Vancouver - Surrey - next March. Do you think that there would be any racing at that time?

Liked: 210

I'm going to be in Vancouver - Surrey - next March. Do you think that there would be any racing at that time?
    Although the schedules aren't published yet, ICSCC and SCCBC (both clubs that use Mission Raceway) generally get serious about racing around late April. Gives it enough time to warm up so we don't have frozen corner workers to thaw out at the end of the day.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Although the schedules aren't published yet, ICSCC and SCCBC (both clubs that use Mission Raceway) generally get serious about racing around late April. Gives it enough time to warm up so we don't have frozen corner workers to thaw out at the end of the day.
    What he said.

Our first race weekend (including a practice Friday) this year was April 12-14.

Liked: 49

The decision around 9:20 == lots of points!

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    I thought the whole video demonstrated why some of our faster drivers like to start from the back..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    It helps knowing the players a little bit better.

When I re-passed Gayle and Pam on lap 3:

a. there was a little space between them

b. I knew they weren't going to be in the hunt for a win.

When I came up on the 69 and the 01 before turn 7, I wasn't sure who was in them for that race (because it seems that there'd been some back and forth with the cars over at FART), but I new I had to be close to the top of the Vee class, so even though I could have held my position on the blue 69 into 7a, it would have split up their race and that didn't seem fair, so I backed out of it.

I'd already been given grief by one of the FF guys a couple of events back for not letting all the members of a group lapping me through in one go.

Thanks guys, I thought it may be a long shot, as I knew it was going to be cool at that time of the year.

Liked: 210

Thanks guys, I thought it may be a long shot, as I knew it was going to be cool at that time of the year.
    Well, ICSCC (International Race Drivers Club) used to have a year start Enduro in March but they've moved that to very early April and it's also at the Ridge Race Track down near Tacoma.

It was not uncommon for that March race weekend to get snowed out half way through the event.... Duhh should we race on or give it up???

One of the drivers meetings to decide what to do one March afternoon after about 2.5 hours of racing:
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member

Well, ICSCC (International Race Drivers Club) used to have a year start Enduro in March but they've moved that to very early April and it's also at the Ridge Race Track down near Tacoma.

It was not uncommon for that March race weekend to get snowed out half way through the event.... Duhh should we race on or give it up???

One of the drivers meetings to decide what to do one March afternoon after about 2.5 hours of racing:
    Put on the rain tires and go race!

It would be an absolute panic, and no one could even get up to enough speed to get hurt.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Y'all need studded Blizzaks ! Or chains
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 2

At the 2:50 mark the red #12 is my old D-13. It is amazing how these cars travel. All the way from New York through Connecticut to the Pacific Northwest.

Contributing Member

Just to give a fuller answer to this question.

The SCCBC's schedule has now been published and our first race weekend will be on March 29-30. Well, the Saturday is actually just a practice day, so there will only be racing on the 30th.

So if you're still going to be in town...

Alan,

Thanks for that, but we will have left Vancouver a couple of days earlier, and will will hopefully be warming up in Hawaii.

We will have been in lovely outer Whitehorse, where will have been a little cooler. I see it was -29C there last week.

Liked: 0

That was great! Thanks…I'm new to Apex but learning a lot from all of the posts. Making me think about getting into racing. My wife's going to kill me!

Keith
    keith fansett
    ontario,
    canada

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir5n View Post
    That was great! Thanks…I'm new to Apex but learning a lot from all of the posts. Making me think about getting into racing. My wife's going to kill me!

Keith
    Glad you liked it, Keith.

I grew up in Toronto and spent many weekends at Mosport watching Grand Prix and Can-Am racing, so welcome!

Yes: your wife will kill you, but you'll never regret it.

Go racing!

Thread Information