Liked: 23

Default 1985 Pro Super vee Rules

Hi,
    I know the request has been made previously, but if someone has an electronic or paper copy of the 1985 Pro Super Vee rules I would really appreciate a copy.

I am stripping down my 85 RT5 and need to rebuild it with consideration to period rules.

As my car has been log booked both as Super Vee in 85 and as Atlantic in 96 I am not sure what parts may have been replaced to suit the differing series.

Many thanks,
    Ricky.

Liked: 1412

Try contacting SCCA and USAC to see if they have the rules books achieved. SCCA is Topeka Kansas and USAC is Speedway, Indiana. I think USAC was still sanctioning some races as late as '85.

Liked: 0

The main changes usually made after SV morphed into Atlantic were wheel width's going from 6in fnt., and 8 in rears, to 8 and 10's. The engine size went from 1600cc up to 1835cc. The early SV's had Lucas or Klugelfisher. Bosch injection, and later ran Racetronic, a Zackspeed version, and finally Motronic controlled. Some Apex members who raced them as Atlantics may remember weather the Motronic was SV legal, or a later Atlantic area change.

Liked: 23

This makes sense. I have 8 & 10 inch wheels fitted and the motor is currently 1835, so it looks like it is FA spec. It is also running AP 4 spot brakes on each corner and am not sure if that is FSV spec too.

I have two ecus for the injection system. One marked as 1600cc and the other as 1800cc both are Zytec. Will likely change to something easily programmable if the rules allow.

I also have a complete mechanical injection system as well but would prefer to stay EFI if I can.

The car is looking fairly sad at the moment but I want to make sure it is structurally sound and also very pretty again whilst still maintaining legality as far as possible.

thanks,
    Ricky.

Liked: 493

Default SV

As I recall they had to use VW based calipers, and the cars I worked on had Webber DCOE's and / or mechanical injection with a smaller restrictor fitted.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 0

Yup, 2 or 3 different VW / ATE calipers were allowed, basically from the front of the SuperBeetle, cast iron. Bosch Gold Cup required fuel injection , (cuz they were Bosch) mechanical type, with restricters in the trumpets, around 30mm. Not sure if the USAC MiniIndy series allowed carbs or not, but they were done early on, and at some point carbs were legal. Most US vintage SV's are now on carbs, or Lucas / Klugerfisher.

Thread Information