Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1592

Default Weird REplay XD behavior

First race weekend produced 3 files, when shown in icon view, tow are the usual windows movie presentation (looks like a piece of filmstrip with a frame of the actual contents in the center) and one is just an icon with a musical note in the center. That file will not play cross-platform.

This weekend ran the camera in a long flag race. it produced two files, one was 29:37 and 3.1G

the second was 7:36 and 777 meg

Anybody else have this kind of behavior?

Memory card is 4gb and I'm recording 720p@60fps.

Liked: 447

Mine only does 30min videos max and thats how they originally shipped out but i think there was a firmware upgrade to change this a while back.

The music file is a new one tho.

Liked: 5

Mine does split the video file once it reaches a certain size. Not a big deal to stitch them back together in a video editing software.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1592

The one with just the note icon will play video, but only on a windows machine. Evidently there's some error in the file.

Liked: 562

Default Slightly different problem here ...

I had a problem with my ReplayXD 1080 video from Barber. My problem was different than described above, but I'll throw it into the mix here.

The video of my Sunday race was not one (or two) long video files, but rather a hundred short videos, with short gaps between each one. Kind of like snippets. They range from 1 to 10 seconds long.

My Replay is controlled (turned on) by my TraqDash. I have not yet determined if the problem was caused by the camera, TraqDash or cabling (or SD card, battery, ...). In other words, there's a chance my camera is fine, but it's being constantly turned off and on by the TraqDash.

I've reached out to both companies. Hopefully I'll have a cause/solution to post here later.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 10

Default Replay XD Service and Warranty

I highly reccomend if you are having any concern with the Replay 1080 xd to contact the customer assistance help line, they accuatly answer the phone (west coast time) and could not be more helpful and easy to do business with. I'm not sure what the warranty is on my camera but it can't be still under warranty, they repaired it and sent it back to me free of charge even after I asked them how much I owed them. Not only is the product great but the service was unexpected. I live in Florida and have no ties to the company other than purchasing the product from a recommendation from JR. I know where my money will be spent when I need a new one. Thanks Replay XD

Liked: 22

Default Replay service

Agree on previous post....very helpful folks. Start with them

Liked: 326

I have a Replay XD - The image breaks up with rising engine RPM. With the regular mounting plate, the camera moves around a continuing 360 degrees. The camera produces a quality image - when it stays still.

Liked: 1169

I bought their rigid rollbar mount. I should have bought one size up to leave more room for the bit of mousepad foam which seems to have helped damp out vibration and make the camera generally happier. The first one only lasted a few events before the battery came disconnected inside.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Thread Information