Liked: 174

Default Randy Shinn FST Regular

With a sad heart I must inform you that Randy passed away today. A close friend
    informed me of his passing and also let me know that Brenda was by his side when
    he passed. He was a soft spoken gentleman who I enjoyed sharing the track with and
    racing with him last year in the "Chumpcar" series! May he Rest in Peace and my condolensces to Brenda and his family!

Mark Farnham

Liked: 1

This is sad news, I knew he was having health issues, but had no idea this severe. Randy would give you the shirt off is back at the race track, last year at Nelson he allowed several of us (I got a rear rotor) to take parts off his spare car. All he would take, for saving my weekend, was an ice cream bar. Our thoughts are with Brenda and his family.

Liked: 151

Default Randy Remembered

Just five weeks ago Randy and I traded e-mails. He was getting the staples removed after his surgery, and said he was feeling better and apologized for not being able to make any series races this year. He did say that he would be out next year and of course I just knew that would be true.

Randy, we will miss you and we will recognize you at your favorite race track---Mid Ohio this fall. We are all truly sorry Brenda.
    Last edited by rgu; 08.07.13 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo

Default More info

I posted a bit more on Randy at the FFDA Forum

Liked: 94

Randy was such a nice guy. During my rookie season last year, he was among the large number of good people who helped me out and provided me with LOTS of encouragement. I didn't know he was having health issues and I've been meaning to ask where he has been this season. I will miss talking with him and hearing his kind words.
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

Liked: 3

Randy Shinn
    Great Lakes Regional Champion
    2010, 2011,and 2012.
    Last edited by dd46637; 08.09.13 at 5:53 AM. Reason: added text.

Liked: 22

This is very sad news.
    God-speed Randy.

Default more on Randy

As I’ve been trying to say for the past three years our series is not a pro series but one that values participation at all levels. Randy Shinn was not the fastest driver but last year at the Glen he asked me how to do turn 11 which leads onto the pit straight. I said I had no idea at all but there was George Podgorski who was on the pole why not ask him. I guess Randy did and came away making a "no-way" gesture with his hand.

I wonder what George said?

Thread Information