Liked: 18

Default Mychron xg question

Hey all I'm just setting up my mychron xg log but don't know what to put in the boxes for shift lights on the configuration page. Also it does not show what is on channel one or two. Thanks Rob Murray

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

I'm not familiar with the XG, you have to look at what you have plugged into channel one (or two) on the harness to figure how to set the alarm. You should be able to tell from what you have plugged in.

For shift lights, it's sort of personal preference. Start with your redline at as the fifth light, then work back. I like to have 150-200 rpm between lights for the most part.

Liked: 286

If you want to figure out what the ideal RPM is to shift (and therefore what value you may want to use for setting the lights), then check out my "Shift RPM" App for iPhone/iPad

http://veracitydata.com/shift-rpm-app/

You'll need the dyno curve for the engine, and the gear ratios to determine ideal shift point for each gear.

As for configuring the channels, that is done with the channels tab (within Race Studio 2), where you can change the name of the channels, select the sensor type, and choose the units to used. The typical temperature sensors are of type "Thermoresistive PT100", and the usual oil pressure is the "VDO 0-10 Bar", but your system may have others.

In the Configuration tab, you can select which channels are used for each alarm LED, and what the values will cause an alarm.

Hopefully that is enough to get you started, otherwise provide more details on what problem you are experiencing and perhaps we can help further.

David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    805-238-1699
    Last edited by David Ferguson; 12.22.15 at 2:09 AM. Reason: updated app link

Liked: 0

Don't know if you got it sorted yet. as a starting point run rpm max to 6000 and then back it up by 200 a light form there. in yours you will want oil pressure and oil temp on the basic screen with the lights set for min oil pressure at 10 or so and oil temp max light set at 280 or so if you don't see them on the dash then your dash is on screen two and you have setup the other screen
    Jeff

Thread Information