Liked: 51

Default Can you identify this car

Hello out there !!

I'm having trouble finding history on this 1975 March 75b Atlantic, maybe the best way to find some history on this car would be to post it on APEX Speed and see if anyone out there remembers this car.

I just purchased this car from a broker, never have spoken to the owner. The current owner cant remember anything about its history, where he bought it or from whom, also cant remember who rebuilt the engine for him. ( not a car guy, says he bought it because his wife at the time liked race cars ) Near as I can tell the car was restored mechanically and then parked, has been in storage for about 10+ years. The person I bought it from was a Kansas resident when he bought the car, from what I've been told the roll hoop # ( 97 142 ) is from the Blue Mountain region of the SCCA. The owner before me was John Hemmingson. The chassis # reads 75-4 but I'm told another car owns that # and it is well documented. There are no chassis #'s under either side of the roll hoop.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Mark Jaremko
    Last edited by mjaremko; 03.20.13 at 6:58 PM.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Don't know anything about it, but it is sure one beautiful car.

Liked: 1403

March FA late '70's.

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Mark-
    As I'm sure you know, "air cars" from that era of FA are very common. Tubs were damaged and replaced as often as brake pads and there are probably 3 cars nowadays for every 2 built at the factory. I'd try the guys at the Marchives and see if they have any info on that number, or if the rollbar number is supposed to go with that chassis tag number. Good luck sir-

Ethan
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Thanks Ethan,

I'll check with March Archives

mj

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 160

Default March 75B

Mark, This is my old car. Email sent. Joe

Wow,

That was quick, thanks Joe, email sent.

mj

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1489

the regions were re-numbered a while back, current numbers might not match.

Didn't you just sell one of these that was blue and equally beautiful?

Rick,

Yes, I did just sell the Blue one with the Elf livery. Its a long story but in my long search for one Vintage FA car I somehow ended up with two, so I sold the blue one after a mechanical resto and now I'm starting the process over again with the white car pictured above. I plan on KEEPING the white one for quite awhile.

Thanks to Apex Speed I found the two previous owners of this white car today and now can collect the info needed to put some history together.

mj

Liked: 99

Mark- Everything looks 75B March except the tail it is not a 75B looks more like 76-77.I had the ex Gilles Villeneuve/James Hunt/Dorsey Schroeder 75 B.I could not find the right tail.I finally built one so it would be correct.Cool car.These flat bottom Atlantic cars are the neatest Vintage cars out there that are still somewhat affordable.I wish I had all of them back.

Hi Mike,

If my memory is correct the Last time we saw each other was on the front straight at Mid Ohio, me backwards you going the correct direction :-)

Wow, I bet you wish you had that car back !

I agree, Vintage Atantic is by far the best bang for the buck. Great cars, great engine, so so gearbox :-) and you can run the car legally on modern slicks.

mj

Thread Information