Liked: 1

Default Anybody know if 210x10x13 fits our rears w/o rubbing?

Title says it all. Stock BBS 13x10 in rear.
    #18 Formula Mazda

Liked: 531

if the hub and drive pin size are the same, you can check my FE wheels/tires this weekend. they are 8x13 and 10x13

I have 13x10 rear wheels already, but the tires most of us run are 220x9x13 rather than 210x10x13. I guess the 10's would be at least somewhat wider even on the same rim width, and there is not much room there before hitting a bolt (swaybar attach IIRC).
    #18 Formula Mazda

Liked: 27

Default Rains are

10 inch width. If you have an issue with rubbing the ARB pinch bolts then bend the bar until the bolts clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Wills View Post
    10 inch width. If you have an issue with rubbing the ARB pinch bolts then bend the bar until the bolts clear.
    Thanks!
    #18 Formula Mazda

my rear are 22x10x13. bringing an extra set of mounted tires this weekend so easy to check if you want. do you specifically want to change diameter or are you more interested in just changing width?

Liked: 17

Trey,

I run 22.5x10-13 on the rear.
    I have expierenced a slight rub with low pressures and hard cornering. Try setting the ARB clamp at an angle to minimize the chance of rubbing the sidewall.
    If that doesn't help, Darryl's advice is an easy solution.
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Dave - Why do you such large tires..I am assuming you are running the Hoosier 2500 construction 22.5X10s. Are you still running the 190 HP engine or some fire breathing monster?

Darryl - I have the Factory Renesis Mule. I replaced the original 4-port with a new 2009 6-Port about a year ago. Since that makes it an FS car, I use the larger tires.

We briefly spoke at VIR a couple of years ago and you mentioned something about putting a Chevy V-8 in a FM chassis (sort of a hybrid Mazda Formula 5000). Now that would be a fire-breathing monster!
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Default I remember our conversation

I put that project on hold when we got the Indy Lights deal last year. Now that the Indy Lights program is at a stand still(not enough funding) I may re visit it.

The reason I was asking is that I tested with the 22 and the 22.5 and the 22 was faster. The 22 has WAY less side wall flex than the 22.5. We picked up more mid corner and exit speed with the 22.

Darryl - that's good information. The car came with Goodyears. I had been using Hoosiers on my FF and before that on a blown Royale Super VEE auto-x car. At my first event a friend had a new set of Hoosier 22.5 rears and 20 fronts that he practically gave to me and I have been using those sizes since. Being that I Hillclimb and time trial the car, I doubt I see the speeds you are running, but will keep your info in mind for the next set of tires.
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

It was really just an issue of finding a cheap set of new slicks and I wanted to know they'd fit before I pulled the trigger. I'm fine with the performance of the standard FM tires. I only have 2 sets of wheels and have 2 sets of slicks and one set of rains, can't decide what to take to Barber! It would be a major bummer if it rained and I didn't have rains on me.
    #18 Formula Mazda

Care to share more info about the Renesis motor setup? Sounds awesome.
    #18 Formula Mazda

stop talking about rain Trey! I only have 2 sets of wheels both with used slicks mounted to them. If it rains, I'm stuck in the trailer. I'll bring the Mother's Spray Polish

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    stop talking about rain Trey! I only have 2 sets of wheels both with used slicks mounted to them. If it rains, I'm stuck in the trailer. I'll bring the Mother's Spray Polish
    Ha if I could ignore it and it go away I'd choose that option. Accuweather is saying 75% Saturday and 30% Sunday. Tough call... I'd hate to burn through my one set of slicks, but I'd also hate to only have slicks and it pour all day. Though to be honest my second day ever in FM in a downpour sounds a bit intense
    #18 Formula Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Range View Post
    Care to share more info about the Renesis motor setup? Sounds awesome.
    Trey,

look here http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54146
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

The tires I bought appear to be quite old (some cracking on sidewalls) and have much much stiffer sidewalls than the normal FM tires by GY. I guess I'll take them to my tire guys and see if they can even mount them on a 10" rim. They neck down and according to GY materials are made for a 7" rim if I read that right.
    #18 Formula Mazda

Thread Information