Liked: 80

Default 2012 West Coast Pro Series?

Hi All -

Was curious from those in the know (Nicholas, Cope?) what the story is on the 2012 F1000 Pro series on the west coast? Same/Similar schedule? Different? Happening? Announcements to come?

Cheers!

-Jake

Liked: 84

What's up? Thinking about making the move into FB??

Yep, pondering it, as we always do this time of year.

Was curious if the pro series was going to take much the same form this year as last.

D$R is draining us dry, but we love it!

-J

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

We do plan on coming back in 2012.

We are still working on a schedule for next year but probably won't have anything set to announce until December.

Our plans are to keep the same format as last year: 5 weekends/10 races with each event spaced out about month in between. Season will not kick off until March/April. I have been in talks with several tracks, race organizers, and series to try and find the best options available for our competitors for next year.

We are keeping as many options open as we can. But I am doing what I can to get the series into the venues that the drivers would most want to be at: Portland, Miller, Infineon, Laguna Seca, with of course, as small an amount of cost to the competitors as I can get.

We are (finally!) sending out our driver questionaire this weekend where we ask drivers that competed this year what format they want to see for next year. One reason I haven't sent it out before now is there are new options available to us that only came up recently. Based on some of that we will decide how to structure the series in 2012. I want to involve as much as I can the competitors in how the series is operated. How much of this mimics what the East Coast series does is still to be determined. I think we will in some ways, but not in all facets.

F1000champ

Wishing you the best of everything with the west coast series. You guys do a great job, I know it will be even better in 2012 and I know your teams will enjoy it.
    Last edited by F1000champ; 10.09.11 at 10:59 AM.

Thought I'd check back on this, any movement on this series? So far the only announcement about the west coast series has come from the east coast series!

Cheers,

-Jake

Thread Information