Liked: 0

Default Advice on NE Crossle shops

Hi All,

My Dad and I are planning to buy a Crossle 25-35F Club Ford toward the end of the year with the idea of doing an "arrive and drive" tour of east coast tracks for a few years. He lives in N. California and I live in NYC.

We'd like to do both SCCA and vintage events at tracks like Watkins Glen, NJ Motorsports Park, Lime Rock, VIR, Summit, Beave Run, Road Atlanta, and maybe Florida, Mid-Ohio, or Road America. We'd fly or drive to the track with our gear and the car would be ready at the track, properly prepped, set up and supported so we don't have to spend our time wrenching.

Do you have any suggestions about the best Crossle shops in the Northeast that offer this sort of program? Any idea what a season (5-10 races realistically) might cost? We plan to buy a car and have the shop store and transport it for us, but it would also help if the shop had other clean and well-prepped (i.e. fast) Crossle 25-35Fs for rent.

I'm looking for something like Neil Porter's operation on the west coast. Ideally the shop would be located within an hour of NYC (NY, CT, NJ, maybe PA).

Thanks!

Larry Klamecki Jr.
    TrackVids.com
    Racing Videos by Email

Liked: 159

Default Interesting Question

Larry,

a high end deal for VINTAGE support would be GMT

http://www.gmtracing.com

But I do not see their trailers at SCCA Regionals or Nationals.

http://www.leslieracing.com/ was at club races in the past, but seem to be moving upscale? Still no harm in asking what they can do for you

Greg Rice seems to be doing this type of service for at least one customer. Whether he is looking for more work I cannot tell. Search this site on his name and contact him

Snapdragon comes to mind. Not sure if they do at the track services. Google

Ric Racing maybe http://www.ricracing.com/

David Clubine at Britain West is in this business and very good but might not wander as far south as you want

Check out the list of teams here and start contacting some of them

http://www.f1600series.com/teams.html

I am sure others ideas will pop up

Steve

Liked: 127

Where in NY are you located?

I just purchased a Crossle 30F over the winter, i'm out in Suffolk County on LI

Classifieds Super License andyllc's Avatar
    Liked: 201

Without a doubt I would contact John Walko Racing

John does an excellent job and is experienced and currently runs in club, pro, and vintage. He runs a good program and can fulfill all of your needs. He is located in Pittsburgh so it is further away from NYC but I am not real sure why you would need them to be near NYC based on the program you want to run.

Phone: (412) 373-6750
    Fax: (412) 373-6752
    Email: john@johnwalkoracing.com

Steve,

Thanks for your kind help. I'll forage around your list of folks. Much appreciated!

Will,

I live in New York City. I raced vintage (VARA) and SCCA (SF Region) on the west coast for a few years with my Dad before moving out here for work. Funny how formula fords don't quite fit into an NYC apartment without disassembly I've seen a few Royale and Tiga CFs at Lime Rock. Not too many Crossle CFs but I don't get out to too many races yet. There are often 10-20 on track in any given west coast event. Glad to know you're just a short train ride out on the LIRR - any Crossle hints would be welcome.

Larry
    TrackVids.com
    Racing Videos by Email

Thanks Andy, I'll give 'em a call.

Larry
    TrackVids.com
    Racing Videos by Email

Liked: 159

Default Limerock this weekend

Larry,

fords are in Group 2 on Saturday. Shoot up to Limerock and get to know some of us here on the east coast!

Thanks for the invite. I'll be in NorCal this weekend, but will definitely find you guys at the next SCCA event.

Larry
    TrackVids.com
    Racing Videos by Email

Thread Information