Liked: 14

Default VIR Pro-FE schedule

The schedule is up on the trans-am site: http://www.trans-amracing.com/files/...ule%20v1_1.pdf It seems as though the one 55 min Thursday test session will be run by SCCA as opposed to the track. I wonder if it is included in registration or extra.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 0

Where's the registration list?
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Motorsportsreg isn't providing a list yet although it indicates one registered which would be me
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 111

That is still an odd schedule. I am hardly awake at 750pm usually!

It looks like we only get that one practice on Thursday? I expected all day track practice somehow on Thursday.

If its an overcast day it might be kinda dark by the end of the session
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

I have these really bright little LED flashlights...

Liked: 2

Default Thursday Pro VIR

Hello everyone,

Interesting schedule. If we have some numbers and put on a good show, next year should be more reasonable. I hope.

Back to Thursday...

Everyone welcome to our little FE party. Jill & Eric Cruz are contributing a case of lobster tails again. Maggie & I will do a case and pork tenderloin like last year. Thanks to all who helped. I have no idea how many will be there but last year we fed 50-60 easy.

FEEDING TIME 6 PM THURSDAY.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A LITTLE FE HOUR AT THE GO-KART TRACK???????

Default VIR PRO

Hi everyone, hope all is well

Sunday looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the meal planned for thursday is not gonna happen. I'm sure there will be some impromptu gatherings as always. It is the 2nd best part of race weekends(depending on turn 1 it may be a tie). Well, look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new drivers and crews.

TK

Liked: 16

Yo Kilroy, how did VIR go???
    Mick Robinson

Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

From a first time Pro participant perspective:

Registration: a breeze; it was easy, pleasant and very convenient

Tech: so simple and efficient a child could do it (hey look at the age on the podium, just kidding, they are a very talented group of drivers)

Race Atmosphere: best seats in the house

Track: VIR is a world class facility and so are many of the remaining events

Track time: not bad on amount, certainly interesting Saturday night (thank goodness they use red flags and not black), but the Sunday schedule was very good; and only FE's on the track (good news since it makes it a little more relaxing than a mixed class; bad news, how come that kid is closing on me like he's driving an Atlantic).

Weather: well we shouldn't blame Pro or Enterprises for the weather, but they did everything else so well, we need something to keep them from getting a big head.

If any FE or SRF drivers for that matter are sitting on the fence, jump in on a Pro event. It is worth the small exta effort to get your credentials in order to be treated as a welcomed addition to a way above average racing event. Event being the key word.

Hey, the same guys will beat me at the National races too, but it sounds so much more impressive to get beat at a Pro event when speaking to the folks back at home. And, Shawn did say he would keep the Motion Dynamics sticker on my car for at least one more event or until he can get someone to actually drive a car at speed with the team name on it. (again, just kidding) We all know you can't get better unless you run against the best and this is where you will find them.

Thanks to all that helped me over the weekend (too many to mention).

Come on out and race guys. You will have fun at these events.

Hope to see you all at the track again soon,

Joe

Hi Mick and everyone,

How did I do? Words cannot express! Actually, I feel pretty good about the races other
    than 2 laps. Unfortunately, each was at the beginning of the race. I did get some excellent clean track time and improved a wee bit in several turns. Finally realized the importance of reference marks(turn 1) and faith in the car (turn 10). Overall a great leap forward in my ultimate quest to become Penske`s first 45+ yr old rookie driver!

The weekend was great considering the weather. There is nothing like racing with only FE`s. Scott was fast and smooth as always. Jay`s guys were fast and fun. I think the rest of us made progress. We do miss the "Limey Bastard" and Keith. Where`s Wally?

Libby was impressive out of the box, hasn`t run since VIR 2010. Looking forward to Mid-Ohio Jim.

Tell Mark that I`m still looking for him, I`ll get him eventually. Him and his little dog Toto too.

Later, TK

Tilden, I felt very good to drive anything again. I was impressed by the skill of the pups up front. Mosport should be lots of fun this weekend. Hitting the road tomorrow evening.

I will be sure there is plenty of fun to be had at MidOhio this fall. There is still time for everyone to pick up a quick pro license and run in a single make race. Lots of track time and space versus typical events.

Jim

Thread Information