Liked: 128

Default Where do I put the SCCA stickers?

Hey guys
    Last edited by Brian331; 10.22.11 at 12:10 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Download a copy of the GCR. It has all the details on what is required for decal placement.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

See section 9.3.29 of the Sporting Regulations (pp. 75-77). There is a sketch showing sticker placement.

The Sporting Regulations are here: http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%2...ng.%20JAN-.pdf
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 128

Thanks John, I found it and now I know. I tried looking in the GCR on the SCCA website and I couldn't find it. Maybe I should have tried harder. I have a lot to do in a little time to get ready for this upcoming session. I hope to meet a lot of you guys this year at either Lime Rock, or NHMS. I'm meeting up with John D tonight to determine what ring and pinion I have so I can get the right gears for these tracks. I might be looking for some good used gears so if anyone has any please let me know. More dumb questions to follow. Thanks again guys.

Brian

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Brian331 View Post
    I'm trying to get my stickers made up in time so I can get to NHMS for the April 29th test day.
    Pegasus sells the old style stickers and the new stickers should be available at the racetrack. I have never seen stickers required for a test day.

Liked: 5

Most of the time the test days are not actually run by SCCA. They are run by the track even thought they often list them on their schedule as an SCCA test day, therefore SCCA rules don't apply.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Wow, I see there are no former military on here

I'm laughing, not at you, but with you.
    Time was, in my military career, although somewhat short at 3 years, the question "Where does _______ go?", or the ever popular "Where's a good place for this?" was met with a very dry, very unapologetic "Up your arse sounds about right".
    God, I miss those days...

Stickies: Throw one of 'em on the nose, and one on each side.
    Side numbers can be placed anywhere not obscured.
    Just make it sano and no one will hasslle you...

Good luck and have fun.

Liked: 0

Default About Stickers

Years ago at the runoffs I had a sponser that had the logo of KI. This was placed on my DB-1's hump in bright red letters and my numbers were displayed in GCR approved size on the white bodywork. We were approached twice about timing and scoring not being able to read my number. I had run it in the same position for decade. Our solution was a BIG red arrow next to my sponsers KI directing the gaze toward the legal number classification below. They did sort appreciate the humour. I di not have to move the numbers. Moral of the story is "you can have a car that looks like the sketch in the GCR but there could always be someone that thinks you are wrong" If they do not like it peel it off and have them place it (for that event) where they want it.

Liked: 2

Nothing to say...I just got tired of seeing the "no on performance enhancing....bla bla". I thought this thread was much more inviting to see on a daily basis.
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Numbers

As part of the stewards training program I was required to work in T&S, and it gives you a new appreciation for number placement. They have a segment of T&S that "tapes" each race, that is writes down all the car numbers in order as they pass the finish line. Imagine trying to sort thru a dozen (or more) cars, locate their number and write it down in sequence at the start of a race. I was truly amazed at how good some of those folks were!

One of my "favorite" cars had what would have been called a "psychedelic" paint job. The numbers were the proper size and width, but embedded into a wild design that made them almost like camouflage.

My point is that the numbers are important, and it's to your benefit to make them easy to spot...whereas the SCCA club racing decal serves little purpose beyond giving the tech folks one more thing to look for.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 43

The SCCA sticker probably had some function in the old days when people used open trailers or drove their car to the track. It was advertising and club exposure. In todays events there is no need for these decals. Most of the events are non spectator and those that attend know it is a SCCA event. Spectator events usually have the clubs identity on the admission ticket. The only place I can see an aplication for these decals is for a pro series race held in conjuntion with another sanctioing series. This way it serves it purpose for club awareness. From what I have heard from many people, the best place for the new SCCA national racing series decal is on the bottom of the car.

Thread Information