View Poll Results: Where will you be racing this season?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • SCCA Pro series primarily with a few SCCA Nationals

6 16.67%
  • SCCA National primarily with a few SCCA Pre series races

9 25.00%
  • SCCA National only

11 30.56%
  • SCCA Pro only

0 0%
  • Other - SCCA Regional, Other sanctioning body, track day car, parked in garage...

4 11.11%
  • West Coast FE Challenge Series

6 16.67%
    Liked: 447

Default FE Drivers! Where will you be racing this season?

A public poll to see where everyone in FE will be racing this season. Please only drivers or a single representative of their driver vote only once.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 68

I'll be running Nationals this year - at least until the car, my wallet, or my marriage gives out......
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Liked: 14

3 pro, 3 nat'l, & 2 regional weekends. Pretty even split.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 111

At least last year, the Pro events gave so much track time for my money that it is hard to pass up the Pro races. Very well run, lots of competition. I had a hard time going back to a national race after the pros.

jim

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default West Coast FE Challenge Series

You needed one more option for the poll-The West Coast FE Challenge Series!

Liked: 77
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 447

Added it. Did the two "other" guys run this series?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 53

I'm in for the Pro series and some Nationals. I'm really interested in the Pro series interest. I hope we get good numbers this season. Everyone that's planning on the Pro series, please chime in. I know the schedule is spaced out, but the events are going to be great !
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Liked: 77

The pro series just isn't a viable option if you live in California. But we have a great series that our CSR Has put together. Thank you MLC, Bulldog, and Enterprises.
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Sorry about the schedule west coasters!

It should be a great year in the pro series if we can get some cars to come out. There is a lot of track time and a lot of great competition. If you run nationals, there is no reason not to run a pro event if it is anywhere near you.

It will be even a bit more exciting this year with the large number of spectators we will likely have with the events we are running.

Couldn't recommend it more. Things are run so differently at the pro events, it is hard to go to a regular event anymore!

jim

Liked: 1

i have run so far; 1 reg 2nat weekends and plan on 6 more nat weekends and maybe one or two pro events later in the year. such as mid-ohio, however i want to make sure i'm at the level i need to be at before i enter a pro event. My whole reason for buying an FE over any other car was because of the pro events, this being my first season with an open wheel car its a blast and pretty simple to work on. Plus the support of the csr's is awesome! I hope the numbers pick up in the nat events! and i hope the pro events get good numbers so when i feel i am competitive enough to run a season it will still be there and growing!

Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schneider View Post
    I'm in for the Pro series and some Nationals. I'm really interested in the Pro series interest. I hope we get good numbers this season. Everyone that's planning on the Pro series, please chime in. I know the schedule is spaced out, but the events are going to be great !
    You know there should be good numbers at VIR, RD ATL, and Mid Ohio. The question is what will be the turn out at Brainerd and Mosport.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 53

Andrew, you're absolutely right about Mosport and Brainerd. I'm not as concerned about the numbers at Mosport as I am about Brainerd. Mosport is an awesome track, and one that everyone should do at least once ! I am hoping that the Northeast guys will show up for that one. Plus, it's the second event right after VIR, which a lot of NE guys come to (well, SRF-wise, NE guys show up in numbers). I figure that many racing rigs will go straight from VIR to Mosport. As for Brainerd, I only anticipate the championship contenders to show up. I hope some Midwest guys come, but I also hoped for that last year, and none came. I have to say though, I kinda like Brainerd. It has some challenging parts to be quick. Plus, it's got a little bit of Roebling Road in it where you just get to haul ass, wide-open in fifth through a bending turn.

If we want this series to last, we must show up !! If numbers are low, and we don't support our own series, we can kiss () it goodbye ()! I believe this a make-or-break year for the series. If the series comes remotely close to you, please attend. Don't worry about your skill sets. You'll enjoy your time at the track and on the track. We run completely by ourselves out there. You can't beat that. If you care at all about a pro series for our class, please help us all out and support it as much as you can.
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Despite the weather, I really did enjoy Brainerd as well. It had some interesting bits to it and you have to work to be fast there. So many people in the CenDiv---someone has to come out for it!

Mosport is a great addition.

MidOhio in my backyard, well, that is just a great bonus. I guess I am in charge of beer for that one...

jim

Liked: 2

Default Fe pro series

[FONT=Monaco] The Grin is IN!! For the first time in ...... ever, I'm commited to the entire series. As you all know, I'm getting lazy as I age. Maggie and I will be under Kevin's tent at Comprent this season. BIG GRIN Feed at VIR similar to last year. All Welcome!! [/FONT]

Well, back to racing!! Looks to be a great schedule with lots of cool tracks. It is good to have more variety with lots of track time. Everyone run what is reasonable, time gets tight, but consider we will be more of a "Main Event" at the ARRC. It would be nice to have HUUUUUGEEE numbers.

Tell me what you think....

TK

BIG GRIN Feed at VIR similar to last year. All Welcome!!
    Is that somewhere in the turn one area? I still want to know what you have stashed out there!

jim

Liked: 2

Default Turn 1 Hidden Treasure

[FONT=Courier] Carolina Style (Scottish, of course) Pork Loin[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier] 3-5 oz. cold water Canadian creature tails (Southern Syle, of course). We will have a few sides etc.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier] We can plug any holes in the menu at the track.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier] As far as my driving in turn 1, who knows? [/FONT]

Thread Information