Liked: 281

Default '90 Euroswift wheel bearings, thrust washer

Hey all... I'm trying to identify the correct replacement wheel bearings for my '90 Euroswift chassis? Seems like they're probably VW parts, does anyone know the specific application? And/or have some FS? Trying to get my DSR (converted SE1) ready to race next weekend, this is about the only remaining maintenance item outstanding.

Also, one of the thrust washers on the front ARB snapped in disassembly. I blame my poor technique. So I need to replace it. Tried to contact my local Euroswift dealer, but I think he's busy prepping for the Runoffs, so no reply yet. Any spares out there?

Cheers...
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 611

Default 90 Euroswift bearing

Vaughn,
    I think I can help you on the wheel bearing front, call.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Perfect, need to hit you up for some other tibits anywho!
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2

Liked: 142

they are indeed VW parts. In fact the wheel bearing in your uprights were probably last changed by me as I'm sure the guys who owned that car after me didn't do anything like that to it. I got the bearing from pegasus.

congrats on finishing the conversion!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Cheers... yeah, they do even feel loose to hand, though of course the rears aren't torqued in yet.

Hey, I'm seeing the same markings on the bearings front and rear - S 790. Are they in fact the same bearing both ends, or am I just seeing a number on the seal itself?

I'm expecting they're one big massive bearing unit, with inner and outer ball or taper roller bearings and integral seals, as on like a Golf 3 front end...?
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2

Liked: 142

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro....asp?RecID=294

those should be teh bearings you need.

did it come with the black diamond racing wheels? I had a set of white weller steels too. If so make sure you've got the right lug nuts. The wellers and the diamonds had a slightly different angle on the lug holes. (even though I sent a weller steel to diamond to copy before they made my wheels!!!)

The lugs nuts and the wheels had slightly different angles on them and as a result I kept cracking wheel studs. I got really good at pressing out the hubs, welding new studs and rebuidling the uprights. I'm pretty sure I did all 4 corners at least twice before we realized the wheels were like 5 degrees different that the lugs. Once the wheels were drilled to the proper angle the stud cracking problem went away.

I also had to run really thin wheel spacers for the diamonds as the backspace clearance was just a hair off and the wheels grazed the calipers without them.

for spares call larry oliver, he's on the forum he used to have a bunch of euroswift parts. You can also try universal racing in the UK.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Great, thanks a bunch!

Yes, it came with a set of Diamond rims, but I just had another set made - need moar rubber! Going with custom offset, but FC tire sizes. Thanks for the info about the nuts - I'll check them (got a whole new fresh set) for proper fitment.

I do have the thin spacers too... though I've also upgraded to LD20's up front, so those need some further finagleing to fit.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2

Liked: 29

Default Bearings

Bearing number is a B35 in SKF/CR.

Thanks again! Got some through Keith... just have to find a moment to install...
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2

Thread Information