Any questions please ask!

Up for sale is the Kawi-Powered 1987 Red Devil I’ve been driving and developing since 2009. I rescued it from a barn in Texas in March of 2009 and I’ve been busy fixing and tweaking to make it go faster ever since. It will officially be for sale after Solo Nationals this year 9/7-9/10. It will also feature a diffuser in its nationals trim.

The car has been thoroughly gone through, with changes made to both the front and rear suspension, including adjustments to the rear roll center to improve handling. The car came with a 1” axle and 1-piece swing arm design that was quickly replaced with a pair of Jay Novak designed and fabricated trailing links, and a chromoly 1.25” x .250 wall axle.
The car is currently setup with a mild oversteer tendency. I find this balance much faster for autocross driving than the understeer tendency present in most F500 autocross cars. Brake bias is also fully adjustable thanks to the Wilwood master cylinder assembly with bias bar. I have the bias set more to the rear to help rotate the car through gates.
The car will be sold with its trailer and spares package, which including everything you need (except your tools) to successfully campaign the car.

Results:
• This car won the FM class at the Finger Lakes National Tour
• Paxed #5 overall at the FLR tour out of 250+ Drivers
• RPT rank of 16 at the Toledo Pro out of 245+ Drivers, despite engine problems
• This year, the car has not paxed lower than 3rd in any FLR regional event, including two top paxes along with one top pax from the Glen region.

Specs:
Wheelbase: 73”
Track width: Under 55”
Weight: Drivers weighing less than 175# will need ballast to meet 725# minimum

Suspension:
Front: Unequal length non-parallel dual wishbone suspension with QRE damper pucks, anti-ackerman steering
Rear: Dual Novak designed and fabricated trailing links w/ bell crank and pull based dampers, QRE pucks. Aluminum watts link with adjustable pickup point (roll center)

MOMO steering wheel with quick disconnect

Tires: 19.5” Hoosier R25B’s (1 Set take offs with new rears and older fronts, 1 set stickers with 2 national events on them).
Wheels: Douglas 10” x 6”, 7” (One set new 2010)

Engine: Kawasaki 440 electric start w/ dual Aaen tuned pipes (fresh 7/2010)
Mikuni VM-38 Carbs (one with enrichener)
Primary Clutch: Polaris P-85
Secondary: Arctic Cat Roller
K&N air filters

Drive: #530 chain (New 2010)
Front sprockets: 11 & 13 tooth hardened steel (one new 2010)
Rear sprocket: Rebel Gears aluminum 55 tooth, billet aluminum sprocket hub (New 2010)
NTN Free spin bearings on rear axle (New 5/2010)

Fuel Pump: Mikuni mechanical
Fuel Tank: Tig welded aluminum 5qt tank

Brake Calipers: Wilwood Aluminum Dynalite two piston calipers (two front, one rear)
Brake Rotors: 7.5” Solid front (2), 10.5” Wilwood cross drilled rear (1) with custom made brake hub
Brake Pedal: Wilwood aluminum dual master cylinder assembly with bias bar
Brake Master Cylinders: Wilwood Aluminum MC’s with integral reservoirs.

Cooling: dual aluminum 2” core radiators (Honda) with fans and electric water pump (for cooling off in grid)

Misc:
Chassis setup notes / guide
Clutching / gearing excel spreadsheet
Custom made seat
Accommodates drivers up to 6’3, currently set up for taller drivers
Impact Racing 6 pt harness
Mechanical temp gauge
Westach Single EGT gauge with thermocouple (New 2010)

Spares:

4 Lightly used pistons
Engine Gasket sets
2 water pumps
Spare Polaris P-85 Clutch (works fine, but could use rebuild)
51 degree Arctic Cat helix
Spare Mikuni VM38 carb
Jetting to cover almost any summer conditions
Extra needles and throttle valves
Spare ignition coil
2 spare fuel pumps
Tons of bolts, nuts, washers, and AN washers
Rivets and other specialty fasteners
Rod Ends
Spark plugs
Spare recoil starter
+ More that I can’t think of!

Trailer:
12’ x 6’ flatbed trailer with tilting deck for easy loading and unloading. It’s not pretty, but it works fine! Weighs about 500 lbs so a truck isn’t necessary!

Bottom Line: There is no possible way to go faster for less money!!! You can't do it!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yty_cZIKtj0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCQCdsYkQQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdImaWPqDc

Pictures: