Liked: 0

Default New to iRacing....

I just downloaded iRacing with a free 1 month trial and so far I really like it. But I only have the DFP steering wheel that i used for PS2 and its not very good.

Which wheel do you guess suggest. The game seems to advertise the MOMO wheel the most but how is it compared to like the G25 or G27?

Thanks

Contributing Member

I have used both the Momo and the G27 on iRacing. The G27 is more realistic as far as pedal feel and h-pattern shifter, but I miss the sequential shifter on the MOMO. If budget is not a concern, go for the G27. Otherwise, the MOMO will work perfectly well.
    David A. McMahon, P.E.

McMahon Raceworks FB/FA/F??? mothballed for now

Thanks. What about the force feedback thats my biggest concern is it the same with both wheels?

Contributing Member

It is pretty much the same. The G27 wheel is a bit heavier so it felt like more resistance at a given force feedback setting. You can adjust the force feedback in the wheel drivers and in iRacing to find a level that you like.
    David A. McMahon, P.E.

McMahon Raceworks FB/FA/F??? mothballed for now

Thank you for the info!

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 357

Welcome to the iRacing world! .

If you are interested, I have a MOMO that has never been out of the box, and a used G25 you could have cheap.

I just upgraded to a G27, and have no need for either of these other 2. In all honesty, I have not been able to get the feeling out of the G27 that I had with the G25, although the G25 does feel "notchier". Nothing major at all, just a personal feel.
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Liked: 6

Default Greatlink

Welcome to iracing

Here is a great link for info on reviews of wheels and pedals, games and systems

http://www.youtube.com/user/simracin...t?blend=1&ob=4

as for wheels and pedals I run these I think they are better than the G25/27

http://www.fanatec.de/ 911GT3 RS W Clubsports

Geoff

Liked: 49

I don't think your DFP is holding you back, they're great steering wheels! Just like real racing, it's easy to get suck(er)ed into spending a lot more than you have to..

The real disadvantage to the driving force pro vs G25/G27 are the pedals.. The G25 pedals are quite a bit better, but still not great. If I were you, I'd keep the DFP you've already got, and spend some money on decent pedals. The Fanatec Clubsports are probably about the price of a G25. Having a load cell brake and pedals that feel a bit more realistic in terms of resistance and travel will work better in the end, IMHO.

Or if you've got money to burn, quite possibly the best pedals you can buy for less than the price of a real race car - http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/

I originally was going to get another wheel but I was not getting any FFB or anything with my DFP but I have solved that with downloading the logitech software off there website so I will be sticking to the DFP

Liked: 447

Good. The DFP is not a horrible wheel by any means. The pedals are the problem with that setup. With enough usage the pots wear out and start to give poor input.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 1

Default i Racing

I'm on my 3rd night of i Racing and im lovin it! Pro Mazda at the Glen is awesome. Tried the Legends car on a small oval... had to take break before I puked! Man that made me dizzy! I'm sticking to road racing

-Keegan

keegan you play too? looks like you started a day before I did

I'll try to save you guys some heartache in your safety ratings. This is something I didnt fully understand until I went through some of their forums and REALLY read their manual.

The ratings are strictly about not having incidents. Your points changes based on a incident per turns (corners). It doesnt matter if you finish first or are last and a lap down, keep your incident points down (off track, contact, spin, etc). And this counts for any of their official sessions (qual, time trial, race, and even the warmup right before the race). The qual and W/U are scaled down and not as big of a hit as race, but they do count. Open practice sessions and hosted sessions do not count (neither do some of their official "fun" races).

If you like the Mazda at the Glen, try Mosport ! Road America is good too. Make sure to go fishing in the forums, can find some good baseline setups from others.

Thread Information