Thread: FE Fuel Filter

Liked: 10

Default FE Fuel Filter

Can anybody recommend a -6AN 10 micron fuel filter that fits under the intake manifold? I'm told the Kinser unit doesn't quite fit. Don't really want to re-plumb the fuel lines to use the Kinser, but if I do I probably need to re-locate our fuel pressure regulator from on top of the fuel cell. Where do you guys mount them to be more accessable?
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 8

I believe that the Kinsler in-line filter is the ONLY spec filter allowed. This is the same one as used on the SpecRacer. Peter

Liked: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Carter View Post
    Can anybody recommend a -6AN 10 micron fuel filter that fits under the intake manifold? I'm told the Kinser unit doesn't quite fit. Don't really want to re-plumb the fuel lines to use the Kinser, but if I do I probably need to re-locate our fuel pressure regulator from on top of the fuel cell. Where do you guys mount them to be more accessable?
    I've got the regulator bolted to an aluminum angle, which in turn bolts to the top of the air intake manifold. The aluminum angle uses the same bolts that hold the butterfly mechanism.

You're right - the Kinsler fuel filter won't fit under the manifold. This presented a problem when I assembled my car, as Enterprises sent plumbing that worked for the old filter, but then sent me the new filter. So I re-did all of it with new lines and fittings. My filter is now held under the manifold, above the oil filter, with an AN clamp that bolts into a drilled and tapped hole in the manifold.

Good luck,
    Jon
    Last edited by jcorsico; 02.29.16 at 7:30 PM.

Liked: 10

Jon, thanks for the pix. Nice plumbing job. Should give me something to do between now and May. Looks like about a million dollars worth of AN fittings.
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Carter View Post
    Jon, thanks for the pix. Nice plumbing job. Should give me something to do between now and May. Looks like about a million dollars worth of AN fittings.
    No problem. It wasn't cheap, but it works well and is safe. You also probably don't need the bottom tee and line running down before the fuel filter - that's a drain that I use to empty the tank after a weekend. If you cut that out, it's a little more simple.

Jon

Thread Information