Thread: 7AFE VS 4AGE

Liked: 2

Default 7AFE VS 4AGE

The 7AFE motor is interesting particularly since my alleged 300 mile 4AGE motor in my used 008 has turned out to be a bunch of BS. Thats another story, or should I say horror story anyhow.............

The 7AFE block is a 1.8 correct ? So I take it the stroke is shortened to get the displacement legal.

I am planning on calling Arnie for more info just wondered how many guys are actually running this setup.

Ed
    "The visibility at the best of times is liable to be a bit hazy due to clouds of ignorance"... Carroll Smith

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by aspenripper View Post
    The 7AFE motor is interesting particularly since my alleged 300 mile 4AGE motor in my used 008 has turned out to be a bunch of BS. Thats another story, or should I say horror story anyhow.............
    All motors are run-outs unless shipped directly from the engine builder...

The 7AFE block is a 1.8 correct ? So I take it the stroke is shortened to get the displacement legal. I am planning on calling Arnie for more info just wondered how many guys are actually running this setup. Ed
    Yes, the 7afe is a 1.8, but you're only going to use the block. Everything else transfers over from your 4age. I think about half a dozen guys are running Arnie's engine.

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 0

I have been considering changing to a 7AFE block in my GT car. I believe the block is taller than the 4AG. This would raise the head up changing the location of the header and intake. I could be wrong too.

Liked: 2

Stan,

Thanks for the info

Yeah I have learned a lot from my last purchase unfortunately some of the knowledge came too late. Hope he can sleep at night, most guys like that can though because they are such good BSers they convince themselves they are being honest.

Track ready = 300 man hours to fix what I did'nt/could'nt and the motor is junk

Well once motor is done I will finally have a good car.
    I left names out to protect guilty.
    Rant over
    "The visibility at the best of times is liable to be a bit hazy due to clouds of ignorance"... Carroll Smith

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by mward View Post
    I have been considering changing to a 7AFE block in my GT car. I believe the block is taller than the 4AG. This would raise the head up changing the location of the header and intake. I could be wrong too.
    You'll need new rods. The 4age rods will NOT work in the 7afe because they are about 3/4" too short. And you really should get Arnie's new super-duper F1-style pistons.

We had to adjust (malletize) one header pipe to fit, but the intake on a Ralt goes over the right side trunion arm, so that was not an issue. We built a new monolithic carbon fiber valve-cover-to-tub adapter to account for the extra height. And a slight retrimming of the right sidepod cover...that's all I can think of.

Sorry to hear of your woes, Ed. But at least you'll have a nice car when it's all said and done!

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thread Information