Liked: 0

Default Mid Ohio Write up

Hello everyone.

This past weekend, the mid ohio series race went down. Here is a nice write up on E-Formula News.
    http://www.thecartechchallenge.com/
    Check it out.

Liked: 14

Default thanks to the FM community

The Third round of the CarTech Formula Mazda Challenge at Mid-Ohio went down in dramatic fashion. The weather was awesome all the way through, personally, I was hoping for rain for the 1st qualifying session and stayed at the hotel and went fishing with my crew chief instead, she beat me fishing and learned to fly fish really good too, .
    For the second qual, most drivers had opted to use the early morning times, which were faster by second or so. I qualified slow due to gearbox failure 3 laps into the session, my crew chief hates those word over the radio, all three events so far in 09', gearbox broke again babe, click, she gets mad, i go back to the trailer and play gearbox guru once again.

So the grid wasn't as big as VIR's last month because FC was grouped elsewhere, It would have been fine with FC since they were all good good drivers. I was supposed to start way back in 18th but was able to pass at least 9 cars while sitting on the grid waiting on the long delay after lunch. Actually, the green flag went ok, there was a few local yellows here and there, traffic can get you in trouble at MO, people"don't slow down so much for yellow flags, please". I remember pushing 100% throughout the race, ended up sharing the track with Schneider and Novak on FE's for most of the race, we had a blast drafting the back straight and pushing forward. Futrelle started 1st but his car was under the bridge with a few laps to go. The leader now did not notice Futrelle's car parked under the bridge. I drafted Lawrence down the straight and pulled in front and sailed away with two to go. Took first and 5th overall, I was also stopped at the black flag station by official, rough driving is on tap for me. Passed tech 20 pounds over, but a protest for forceful rough driving was set against me. Luckily the incident didn't cost the S2 pilot the race win, thank god. Apologies go a long way among gentleman, I drove hard but it wasn't fair for some, lesson learned the easy way, thanks SCCA

Thanks to all CarTech Formula Mazda Challenge supporters, 10 or more cars for evry event so far this season, more than the others, still going fast and affordable competition. JRM
    www.juanmarchand.com

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default JR, Did ya ever think

it's not the broken gearbox your c/c hates, it's the damn smell, which of course soaks into your skin, and, well, you get the idea...
    What you need, my man is some of that strawberry scented 75w/90 gearlube from Coopco Industries. We start w/ the finest base stocks available, blend in EP enhancers, and various other snake oil(s) and for the piece de resistance - a genetically engineered bovine based scent, not unlike strawberries, er sorta.

So you came from the back and won, pretty impressive. What's this about rough drivin'?

GC

Liked: 14

Coop

i might try your strawberry paste, heh heh, yeah man the rough driving was just that, I apologized to Mr Fergus for hitting his nice S2000 twice in the same lap, the second time i stayed on the gas and spun him out on the little carousel before the start finish line, it was obvious to all the spectators, corner official etc... i never denied it, oh well, i'm trying to put a little video together that my crew chief Caroline took of during the race. later man, see ya the sprints. thanks

Thread Information