Liked: 734

Default 2009 FB Championship

Although there are still many details to fill in, I wanted to get this out to everyone before the January nationals kick off. I have several supporters that are interested in becoming a title sponsor but nothing finalized yet. I hope to add more sponsors that will either contribute money or products for various prizes. If you or anyone you know is interested in contributing to the prize fund, please send them my way.
    There are still some details to work out so if you have any thoughts or suggestions, drop me a line.
    Stay tuned to this thread as the details are finalized.

Click on the attachment for all the fun info!
    Last edited by Mike B; 01.10.09 at 5:02 PM. Reason: revised attachment (again)
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

We're very proud to announce that George Dean Racing Engines (http://georgedeanracing.com) is joining the Championship as a title sponsor! It will now be referred to as:
    The 3rd Annual F1000 Championship Presented by George Dean Racing Engines

Not only is George contributing to the prize fund, he'll be attending as many races as he can to offer his technical expertise to customers and non-customers alike. According to George: "I just want everyone to race!" Anyone that has been assisted by George (including me) knows that he genuinely means it. Thanks, George!

We hope to continue to add sponsors throughout the season, with a goal of having a huge prize at the ARRC.

Be sure to register soon!
    Last edited by Mike B; 12.23.08 at 1:11 AM.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 555

That is great news. I can't think of a better company (and guy) to have the series associated with. Thanks, George. Good work, Mike!

Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 59

Were in. Thanks for your efforts. Happy Holidays all.

Bill

Liked: 0

I'm in as well. Thanks Mike for all the effort and thanks George for stepping up to sponsor the championship. Can't wait for the double national at HPT to get the season start for me up here in the north.
    John Stecher - Rochester Minnesota
    http://twitter.com/johnstecher - Follow me on Twitter
    http://www.trackpedia.net/blogs/john/ - My Blog
    http://www.trackpedia.com - The world's premier race track reference

Liked: 126

I'm in too...

Liked: 43

Sounds like a great program. My car is in the initial stages of conversion but count me in! The check will be going out in tomorrows mail.

And yes George, we will be talking!

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Team Coopsport joins up

Mike B, you are perhaps the hardest working man in racing.
    Way to go, Bro.
    Thanks for all you have done, continue to do, and undoubtedly will do in the future.

Incredible timing with the announcement, as we were just out in Seattle last week, touring the expansive GDRE facility, doing the groundwork for future ISO 9000 certification. Impressive stuff...

Thanks George. If there is anyone more fired up about racing, I've yet to meet them!

GC Out

I'm very pleased to announce that Taylor Race Engineering has joined GDRE as a title sponsor for what is now:
    The 3rd Annual F1000 Championship Presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering.
    Not only has Taylor joined the championship as a 2009 sponsor but they've committed to two years, ensuring that there will be a 4th Annual FB Championship, hopefully with a finale at Road America in 2010!
    Even if you use someone else's differential, you can get your sprockets, halfshafts, CV joints, other chain drive components from Taylor www.taylor-race.com. When you place an order, be sure to thank them for their support of FB!

Stay tuned for more developments and don't forget to register!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 35

Mike,

We appreciate you asking us to be a part of your series in 2009.
    And to share that spot with George is a honor.

This is a cool class, and the people that are in it are great.
    We will be bringing the trailer to two of the events so far.
    The June Sprints , and the ARRC.

Thanks again for the opportunity to be part of this fast growing class

Scotty
    Taylor Race Engineering
    scotty@taylor-race.com
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

A big thank you to Scotty, the folks at TRE, and Mike B. Fantastic news for the class!
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default Is it too early to start planning for...

the FB party at The ARRC?
    GC

Never too early to plan a party.

You volunteeering?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Default Yeah, why not

I'll also take this opportunity to announce my co-chair - Mike Devins!
    Not only will Mike be Co-Chairing (which ironically has absolutely NO chair time), but he'll also be our Chief of Grill (CoG).

Perhaps Sean O can still get the deal on that Sweetwater keg?

I'll have you know that this won't be the first party I have planned...

Way back in the day, probably about 1969, McDonalds was promoting a deal whereby kids could throw a backyard carnival to benefit Muscular Dystrophy.
    You could sign up and get a kit that had donation forms made up, plans, ideas, etc...

I then took these by local merchants and got them to donate prizes and other goods.
    Mommy was involved too; the Coopster was only 8 at the time, and Mom was a Crew Chief at the new McD's in town.

Coolest deal at the carnival? Mom's Electrolux vacum, set to blow air, which floated a ping pong ball, which the kids then shot at with water pistols to knock the balls off/out of the column of forced air from 10 feet away.

Damn! I guess I have pretty deep Carny roots!

GC

This thing just keeps getting better and better!

I'm very pleased to announce that we've signed several additional sponsors:
    • Hurley Racing Products and Mike Devins will be joining as an Associate sponsor. You've seen his composite handy work on many sports racers, including many of the front-runners at the Runoffs, and he also created the engine cover on the back of Glenn Cooper's Novak conversion. He is also creating a conversion for 90-96 Van Diemens. http://www.hurleyracingproducts.com/
    • Speaking of Novak conversions, Jay Novak of NovaRace also has joined us as an Associate sponsor. If you're considering joining FB, his conversion kit for current generation Van Diemens appears to be the hot ticket, just ask Coop. http://www.novaracecars.com/
    • Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies has signed up as a contingency sponsor, offering generous product credits for year-end points scorers. Pegasus is your in-stock source for quality racing supplies with incredible customer service and support (racers helping racers). http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/
    There is a lot of interest in this series and I hope to announce several more sponsors in the coming weeks!

The first post of this thread has the series information and entry form in .pdf format. Be sure to sign up for the Championship sooner than later. I haven't set a deadline yet and will likely allow new entrants to score points retroactively back to last weekend's PBIR National, but after a certain date will need to cut it off. The more entrants we get early on, the better the series looks to prospective sponsors which is a big win for everyone!
    Last edited by Mike B; 02.20.09 at 1:47 PM.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Default I sent my money this morning

The car is going back together and we will be running a limited schedule in 2009, but the effort is phenominal and I fully support it. I look forward to seeing you guys this year.

Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

The 3rd Annual F1000 Championship Presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering continues to grow! Please welcome (by giving them some business) our newest Associate sponsors:
    For those of you keeping score at home, all of the key engine builders and drivetrain suppliers are supporting our class and series so it should be easy for you to support all of our sponsors with any of your FB needs, including decals!

Howden Media Group (http://www.eformulacarnews.com/) will be our series media partner, helping us to present a professional image and get the word out to the major media outlets. They are also creating a Manufacturer's Championship. Stay tuned for more info.

There's still lots of news to tell you about in the coming weeks:
    • There are several potential sponsors that I hope to sign up in the coming weeks.
    • Now that the prize fund is filling up, I will lay out how it will be distributed (hint: there should be something for everyone.)
    • The Triple Crown payout will be announced shortly.
    • The first press release will come out this week, so expect lots more interest in our class.
    • The T-shirt design is in progress-stay tuned
    Thanks to all the competitors that have signed up so far (entry list is here: http://www.mike-beauchamp.com/f1000/2009entrants.xls). For those that haven't, use the sign-up sheet in the first post of this thread and get on board. You can also use Paypal, just be sure to provide the information requested on the sign-up sheet.

There have been 6 national races so far, with 15 entries so we're right at 2.5 entries per race. We need everyone's help to keep the numbers up!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Mike, what you are coordinating is truly impressive. Great job.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 12

Hey guys,

The first release, the series announcement, went out to our media list today, so we'll see who picks it up. I've communicated with the folks at SCCA and SportsCar, so those should be givens, and I also hit National Speed Sport News and Grassroots Motorsports. If you have any additional outlets you think we would target, just let me know. Newsletter editors may be a good idea as well.

We'll be released the specifics on the EFCN Constructors' Championship later this week.
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

I'm very pleased to announce that Piper Race Cars and Fast Forward Racing Components has joined the 3rd Annual F1000 Championship Presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering as an associate sponsor. Doug Learned's Fast Forward Racing Components makes many components found on several race car manufacturer's offerings and are also used by some conversion and one-off F1000s. Fast Forward also took over the manufacture and marketing of the Piper F1000 that has been so successful in the hands of Justin Pritchard, winning the last two championships at the ARRC.
    As with all our sponsors, please be sure to thank them and, whenever possible, send business their way!
    http://www.fastforwardracingcomponents.com/
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

The 3rd Annual F1000 Championship Presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering points have been updated through this past weekend and are available here:
    www.formula1000.com
    click on the blue "Points" button in the lower left.
    Please review for accuracy and completeness.
    With the 3 nationals this past weekend, participation dropped below 2.0 entries per race for the first time this year. I hope we can rally the cars and get those numbers up as the season progresses!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Does anyone have the full list of average car count? Curious if lots of classes are below 2.5
    John Stecher - Rochester Minnesota
    http://twitter.com/johnstecher - Follow me on Twitter
    http://www.trackpedia.net/blogs/john/ - My Blog
    http://www.trackpedia.com - The world's premier race track reference

Liked: 126

I should be able to make the May NHMS National.

Liked: 273

Default Edge Engineering participation

I'm taking the month of April off to make a ton of changes to my car....Tony and I are getting set to make the tow to Atlanta in May then make the looong trip to the June Sprints.

Tony leaves for Germany (military reserves) for 3 weeks so I'm solo working on the car after this friday.

Last I heard FB was ahead of 3 other Runoffs classes so far.

GH
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Thread Information